Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

You can only clear that code by driving the truck.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 01:47 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all
Don't Set the Tune to "Stock" for an Emissions Inspection!

And to elaborate on this. I never saw the P1000 code using my old Gryphon, but I DO see it now if I put the tune back to stock using the CTS.

I posted this in the CS/CTS forum, but I'll repeat a bit here. I drove my truck for about 50 miles with the tune at stock and the P1000 code did not clear. This was around town and it involved several start/stop cycles and, the truck reached operating temperature during most of these cycles. I'm beginning to think unless you actually DO the "drive cycle reset" procedure (which seems like learning to play the piano), it might take a long time to reset using "ordinary" driving. I set the tune back to Level 2 finally, and the P1000 code was instantly gone. Shortly after that, I took the truck to be emissions tested and simply disconnected the OBD cable at the plug and tucked it up out of sight. I didn't even bother to remove the CTS from the dash. The truck passed with flying colors.

So, bottom line: Leave the truck "tuned" if you are getting an emissions inspection!

- Jack
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Jack, from my time at Jaguar, which used an antiquated Ford program according to one of the techs, it can sometimes take a prolonged period of time to reset everything. Some vehicles may be more touchy than others for some reason. It even presented such a problem at times they stuck lot boys into the cars and had them drive it and periodically stop back in service to see if everything reset yet, and if not, back on the road they went to drive it some more.

I have taken mine in on level 3 and just unplugged the Gryphon, placing the cable out of the way before handing over the keys to service. So far I have not had any issues here.

I would suggest that anyone going in where the OBD system is connected to, make sure well in advance that there are no codes stored. Like you suggested previously, doing so a week in advance is probably a good idea to do this too.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Whopper

GSXRider is on a distinguished road

I can only speak of mine 03' Ford F150 FX4 Lariat, I don't know about others, but I would like to know if they're are others. I get the P1000 code every time I switch it back to stock , if they're are others in the older yrs bracket getting this code, please let me know.
GSXRider 03' Ford F150 FX4 SC, Fabtech 6" Lift, Perf. Accessories 3" Body Lift, ATX Artillery Wheels, Pro Comp MT's 37x12.5x17, K&N CAI, Gryphon w/mounting pod, Alpine CDA-9856 Receiver, 2 Alpine 10" subs, 4 Alpine 5x7 speakers, 4 Swivel Tweeters, Viper Alarm with remote start, security and keyless entry system w/glass break sensor and battery back-up
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

This will always happen when going back to stock.
Or
Disconnecting the battery.
Only driving the truck will clear it.
I haven't seen if it happens while a custom tune is loaded and the battery was disconnected.
It's an indicator that the pcm has had its KAM memory erased and its starting to learn again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRider View Post
I can only speak of mine 03' Ford F150 FX4 Lariat, I don't know about others, but I would like to know if they're are others. I get the P1000 code every time I switch it back to stock , if they're are others in the older yrs bracket getting this code, please let me know.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, October 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Whopper Junior

Chris is on a distinguished road
Default Hounddawg007

I live in California, and I had a similar problem with stock Edge program. I was running a little lean due to other mods, so I cleared codes and went to stock. When i went to test station they saw I had cleared codes so that would be an automatic failure for smog. I had to put over 100 miles on truck to get this to clear from computer.