Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, June 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Whopper

rodolan is on a distinguished road
Default Bought used gryphon(file missing update required)

I bought a used gryphon and when I try to load it, it shows file missing update required RXDE5D2. The guy I bought it from said it was returned back to stock and I had dealership return my truck back to stock a couple weeks ago when I had trans problems. Any suggestions...
Old Fri, June 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolan View Post
I bought a used gryphon and when I try to load it, it shows file missing update required RXDE5D2. The guy I bought it from said it was returned back to stock and I had dealership return my truck back to stock a couple weeks ago when I had trans problems. Any suggestions...
I'm confused. You had a dealer return your truck to stock? Was it tuned by some other programmer? Is the Gryphon you bought one that works with pre-04 model year trucks? Does the Gryphon still have custom tunes loaded in it? (They won't work on your truck.) Have you downloaded Pegasus and performed a "Gryphon Update" on the programmer to clear any custom tunes?

It sounds like the Gryphon you have does not recognize your truck's .hex code (RXDE5D2). And, since you have an 03, that code cannot be a new one.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, June 1st, 2012, 09:20 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I'm confused. You had a dealer return your truck to stock? Was it tuned by some other programmer? Is the Gryphon you bought one that works with pre-04 model year trucks? Does the Gryphon still have custom tunes loaded in it? (They won't work on your truck.) Have you downloaded Pegasus and performed a "Gryphon Update" on the programmer to clear any custom tunes?

It sounds like the Gryphon you have does not recognize your truck's .hex code (RXDE5D2). And, since you have an 03, that code cannot be a new one.

- Jack
I had trans work done so the dealer reprogrammed my ecu before I bought the tuner and the tuner I bought don't have custom tunes, I checked my calibration # and it starts with a 1. The tuner came off of the same year truck as mines, I didn't update my profile I now have an 07 FX2 with the 5.4 I've been reading a lot and it looks like I will have to install pegasus and do the update, although that's all Greek to me.
Old Sat, June 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's not "rocket science". Download the Pegasus client from the "Support->Downloads" link on this page: Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! (the first link in the downloads window). Install it on a Windows PC (doesn't work on Macs). Once it's installed, start it and THEN plug your Gryphon into the PC using a USB cord. Hopefully, Pegasus will report that the Gryphon is "connected" and the Gryphon screen will change from red to green.

Then, click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] to install any firmware/software updates to the Gryphon that are needed. When the process finishes, take the Gryphon back to your truck and, with the ignition ON (engine off) plug it back in. Hopefully, it will show you your truck's hex code. If it does, you should be good to go.

You might think about changing your signature - that's why I thought you had a 2003.

- Jack
Old Sat, June 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
It's not "rocket science". Download the Pegasus client from the "Support->Downloads" link on this page: Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! (the first link in the downloads window). Install it on a Windows PC (doesn't work on Macs). Once it's installed, start it and THEN plug your Gryphon into the PC using a USB cord. Hopefully, Pegasus will report that the Gryphon is "connected" and the Gryphon screen will change from red to green.

Then, click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] to install any firmware/software updates to the Gryphon that are needed. When the process finishes, take the Gryphon back to your truck and, with the ignition ON (engine off) plug it back in. Hopefully, it will show you your truck's hex code. If it does, you should be good to go.

You might think about changing your signature - that's why I thought you had a 2003.

- Jack
Thanks I'll give it a shot. I haven't been on this site in a while forgot about changing my sig. Thanks again....
Old Sat, June 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Thanks I'll give it a shot. I haven't been on this site in a while forgot about changing my sig. Thanks again....
Done the download now it works. Thanks again now if I can figure how to change my signature lol
Old Sun, June 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Done the download now it works. Thanks again now if I can figure how to change my signature lol
Good to hear. (I'll let you figure out how to change the sig).

- Jack