Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Mon, December 22nd, 2008, 04:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You're right about the rust problem. Ceramic coating is a better alternative but can be a bit pricey. Thermo-Tec does ceramic coatings as well.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
UMMMMMMMMMM SMOKE

Smoken_F150 is on a distinguished road

we just had a 2000 van roll over on friday wat all do i need
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Whopper

Neal 97 250 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
I didnt think about that. I had the 66 in mind but if he was going to do further mods later on was why I had in mind the H2E. With living in OH I wouldn't suggest the wrap. I have seen on several occasions of it holding water and causing rust. Get them ceramic coated. A little pricey still but I think its worth it. I know of a hot side of a turbo that is coated.
I have the modded H2e with 180cc sticks. I absolutely love the setup. I tow a 36' 5er around 15,000 lbs. with no problem at all. Even in the mountains of Tn.

I went with the modded turbo from Beans because they were the only ones who would mod it that I found and Bean can also make sure you get BOTH intercooler tubes. Most other companies come with one. He also made sure I got the 3" y-pipe sinc I was going to upgrade my intakes to the 3" billet aluminum ones.

Yes there is a little lag with the 3" intake and Y-pipe, 6.0 cooler and the larger wheel on the turbo gives a bit more lag. It spools at 2000 rpm, but when it hits it you betteer be holding on. It is very fun to drive. I built it this way especially for towing so the little lag doesn't bother me. I wanted cooler egt's so I expected some lag. If you didn't mod the turbo there would be a bit less lag and other things I did as well.

If you do plan to go bigger in the future I would definately go H2e. They are versatile and have good bearings. The D66 Beans offers has the same thrust bearing setup that we do on the factory turbo.
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Sounds like a nice setup there... Beans has good stuff.

Some of that turbo lag should be able to be tuned out. Just depends on exactly how big the turbo is. In most cases, a little lag is acceptable but if it's putting you in a situation where you have poor throttle response when pulling out into traffic or crossing an intersection then something will need to be addressed. That's just not safe.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Whopper

Neal 97 250 is on a distinguished road

No not that bad at all. I have a 5 speed so I can't build boost at a light then again as I said I don't race (usually). It has 20-25 lbs. of boost driving around town but it starts getting over 30 at 2000 RPM. Will hit 35 pretty easy once it spools.

The turbo has been modded and the 62mm wheel replaced with 66mm.