Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Whopper

jmp09f150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoledad View Post
unless you want all the gauges you might want to just go with the SCT X3 like i did, i also got custom tunes through php. I think it works great, i just got tired of waiting on edge and listening to their excuses. But you may want to try calling them yourself.
I noticed on the SCT website that the X3 could possibly turn off the traction control. Have you tried this feature? Also, I have a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires on my truck, in your opinion from using this tuner will it help? I am also considering changing my axle ratio to get the truck closer to stock.

Thanks
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

well to be honest i didnt know that the SCT could turn off the traction control. As far as the performance and MPG gains i love mine. I didnt need all of the gauges from the edge programmer(not saying it wouldnt be nice, just that isnt a must have). With custom tune(which i have) i think it would help you out. you are going to have to wait till somebody knows more about the axel deal because i have no idea about that.
Old Sun, May 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp09f150 View Post
I noticed on the SCT website that the X3 could possibly turn off the traction control. Have you tried this feature? Also, I have a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires on my truck, in your opinion from using this tuner will it help? I am also considering changing my axle ratio to get the truck closer to stock.

Thanks
Your best bet would be to redo the gears....its night and day difference. The tuner would be able to change your speed and shift points and get you a little more power, but you are still hurting your transmission.
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Well i emailed SCT and they replied today and said that you can turn it off with the custom tuning but they recommended to use the buttons on the truck just to let you know.
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
Your best bet would be to redo the gears....its night and day difference. The tuner would be able to change your speed and shift points and get you a little more power, but you are still hurting your transmission.
Thanks for the advice. My plan is to regear, possibly to a 4.56 ratio. I will then get the programmer to make sure I am not running to lean with the catback system and CAI.
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Well i emailed SCT and they replied today and said that you can turn it off with the custom tuning but they recommended to use the buttons on the truck just to let you know.
I have tried to turn it off manually, it doesn't really work. I think it is the RSC that turns on. It happens mostly when I am making a left hand turn at slow to even normal speeds. The truck cuts power and taps the brakes. It is really annoying. My local ford dealer said it was due to the larger tires, the only way to prevent this is supposedly to remove the fuses!

I was hoping I didn't have to resort to removing fuses due to loss of ABS and the annoying warning lights on the dash.
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Whopper

Quote:
well to be honest i didnt know that the SCT could turn off the traction control. As far as the performance and MPG gains i love mine. I didnt need all of the gauges from the edge programmer(not saying it wouldnt be nice, just that isnt a must have). With custom tune(which i have) i think it would help you out. you are going to have to wait till somebody knows more about the axel deal because i have no idea about that.
How quickly will the SCT upload new programs? For instance, switching between an every day driving program and one to tow/haul something? Would it be easier with the edge?
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
How quickly will the SCT upload new programs? For instance, switching between an every day driving program and one to tow/haul something? Would it be easier with the edge?
It usally takes me about 5 mins to change between tunes. I was running a 91 performance and switched it the other day to 87 performance due to the raising gas prices.(and the fact that everywhere around me is 93 octane and i accidently ordered 91 octane so i choose to be safe and run the right octane. So be sure to get whats around you.)
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Whopper

Quote:
It usally takes me about 5 mins to change between tunes. I was running a 91 performance and switched it the other day to 87 performance due to the raising gas prices.(and the fact that everywhere around me is 93 octane and i accidently ordered 91 octane so i choose to be safe and run the right octane. So be sure to get whats around you.)
I have 87 and 93 octane. Is there anything special I should get for the programs? How long of a wait was it for you? If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 01:52 PM

Im not sure what you mean with anything special with your programs. if you are talking about what tunes i have a 87 and 91 performance and 87 tow tunes. The wait was about 2-3 days for my programmer then about another couple of days for the custom tunes since the x3 doesnt come with canned tunes Bill gets the x3's tunes first or at least sooner. It costed me about 430 dollars for the programmer and 3 custom tunes. Which actually saved me money since i had the money put back since december for the Edge CS and CTS.