Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, March 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
The trip meter gets wiped on a program? I am conidering picking up one of these units but I don't like that. I record my mileage and gas consumption religiously. And as forgetfull as I can be I would never remember to record it before a re-program.

The trip meter display does not get deleted on your truck.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Sun, March 22nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by average-joe View Post
The trip meter display does not get deleted on your truck.
You are absolutely right and I was wrong! Must be my rapidly fading brain cells! I was certain I saw the trip odometer get zeroed before, but, I just set the tune back to Level 0 (since I'm taking the truck to the dealer for some service) and, neither the trip odometer or Avg MPG figures were reset.

- Jack
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Bacon King

XPerties is on a distinguished road

I know this is an semi-old thread but prior to the Edge being upgraded to the Gryphon whenever I programmed hot or cold I never got any of the "check gauges" on my display. My Gryphon just came UPS today so I had to run around for a bit and when I was at the local 7-11 I programed to my custom tune and I got the "check gauges" displayed which did go away after the programming was done.

I've never seen this and it did cause some panic attack for a second.

F150 05 5.4 XLT, Nitto 295/70/17, Dual Flowmaster, Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes
K&N CAI, HBS 2 1/2 Level Kit, Blackout Heads w/ 8K HID's, Tinted Tails & 3rd Light w/ LED's
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It would give me a heart attack too! I've never seen a "check gauges" display, and don't really know what you're talking about. Is this something that came up on the dash gauges?

Maybe, just maybe, it's the sign of a weak battery? Weak batteries seem to be the cause of MANY programming problems.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Bacon King

XPerties is on a distinguished road

Yes it was displayed on the dash LED display. Well my battery is the original and I'm in an 05 but my voltage is spot on and never had any major draws.

F150 05 5.4 XLT, Nitto 295/70/17, Dual Flowmaster, Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes
K&N CAI, HBS 2 1/2 Level Kit, Blackout Heads w/ 8K HID's, Tinted Tails & 3rd Light w/ LED's
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
PHP Groupie

I replaced my OEM battery about a year ago. I would not trust yours at all, due to its age.

We had a LONG thread on batteries a while ago, you might look for it.

But, if you have a voltmeter, take a "resting voltage" reading of the battery after it's been sitting for several hours, preferably overnight. To do this properly, you want to open your hood the night before so the battery is exposed and you can get to it without opening doors which will activate electrical components.

If the resting voltage is in the neighborhood of 12.7 V or better, you are fully charged and I'd guess your battery is good. If it is below 12.4 V, I think your battery is on its last legs. Anything in between is grounds for a load test.

- Jack
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPerties View Post
I know this is an semi-old thread but prior to the Edge being upgraded to the Gryphon whenever I programmed hot or cold I never got any of the "check gauges" on my display. My Gryphon just came UPS today so I had to run around for a bit and when I was at the local 7-11 I programed to my custom tune and I got the "check gauges" displayed which did go away after the programming was done.

I've never seen this and it did cause some panic attack for a second.
Well I figured I would chime in since I started this thread a while back....

Although since your truck is an 05 and the battery MIGHT be weak, IMHO I don't think thats the problem in this case.

Ever since I have started this thread and changed levels my truck has always said check gauges. Now mines an 06 with the original battery and I thought it could be a bad battery so I swapped in the battery out of my friends 08 and went to program and bamm the same thing happened. I think Sburn's post got the problem just right.

Because the oil pressure and the coolant temp gauge are the two not working (in my case) and I assume since it will not give a reading to the gauges during programming the truck thinks one of them are broke.
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPerties View Post
Yes it was displayed on the dash LED display. Well my battery is the original and I'm in an 05 but my voltage is spot on and never had any major draws.
Living on borrowed time with that battery!
That's what I thought with mine also but I had a cat involved! Haha
only had 28K on that battery.
Maybe it makes a difference if they are DD or garage queens.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Whopper

F-One-Fiddy is on a distinguished road

My 05' F150 FX4 will also display the "check gauges" during any programming and this display will remain until the PCM has been fully re-written. Then all is well. I agree with the idea that the gauges are not talking to each other during the programing. I have the edge, not gryphon.

Thanks,