Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, March 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
7.3 and Loving it!!!

crazeejames is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon in truck......few ??'s

I just purchased a 2003 F350 7.3L and it has a Gryphon programmer in it(converted edge) Is there a way I can find out what "tunes" are in it? I don't want to burn anything up, I have it set on Level 3 and its got gobs of torque and shifts hard, EGTs run right around 6 on the highway pulling nothing.
How do I look at my "tunes"?
Thanks in advance.
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

When the programmer/truck is just sitting the easiest way is to hit menu to go to the main menu, then click performance programming (or something similar to it) and you'll see a list of tunes.

Besides that I can't tell you much, I'm not a diesel guy.
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeejames View Post
I just purchased a 2003 F350 7.3L and it has a Gryphon programmer in it(converted edge) Is there a way I can find out what "tunes" are in it? I don't want to burn anything up, I have it set on Level 3 and its got gobs of torque and shifts hard, EGTs run right around 6 on the highway pulling nothing.
How do I look at my "tunes"?
Thanks in advance.
If you know who owned the truck when the tunes were put on I would imagine that you could call PHP when they are open again and ask Corey to look them up. I am fairly certain that doing that would not violate any privacy laws or anything.
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 10:16 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Better yet, I think there's a screen in it that will tell you the Serial Number (S/N) of the unit. If you give the S/N to PHP, they should be able to tell you exactly how it was tuned, and, they would show you as the new owner.

I wouldn't worry too much about any of the tunes hurting your truck. Bill doesn't write tunes that do that. If you use the tunes in the manner intended, they should improve the truck's longevity. An example of misuse would be to tow using the extreme HP setting I think.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 12:00 PM
7.3 and Loving it!!!

crazeejames is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I pulled out the unit and emailed Cody the s/n and all the info on the back..........just waiting for a reply.....
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Great, I think that's the best way.

- Jack