Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Whopper

JRohde is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tunes Questions

I just ordered a Gryphon programmer for my truck and I got two custom tunes with it. The 87 custom tow and the 91 octane custom tune. I am starting to question my choice on the 91 octane tow. Should I change to a performance tune instead of the 91 octane tow for my everyday driving. Any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Whopper

Skip_1074 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tunes Questions

So just to make sure I understand, you ordered two towing tunes, but of different octane? Everyone that I know if runs a performance tune for their daily drive.

I have just the 87 octane performance tune for daily use and have the canned towing tune right now as a fallback incase I do end up towing before I am ready to purchase the towing tune (I may be modding somethings next year, but don't plan on towing until then). I highly suggest an 87 performance tune as opposed to an extra higher octane towing tune.
"Stupid Plastic Snorkle Delete" (a.k.a. Gotts Mod)
Line-X bed & Highway Products "Silverback" toolbox
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Whopper

JRohde is on a distinguished road

Thats correct I ordered two towing tunes one higher octane than the other. Towing is the main reason for getting the Gryphon and I was worried that the 87 octane tow would not improve my towing as much as I would like. I am seriously thinking of changing the 91 custom tow tune to an 87 custom performance.
Old Sat, March 26th, 2011, 10:52 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Jeff, I think your thoughts about switching the 91 octane tune to an 87 performance tune are correct. That's what I have, by the way (87 Tow and 87 Performance for when I'm not towing). Both are geared toward highway driving, because that's how I primarily use the truck. For "city" driving, I have a car.

Be sure to tell Bill how you plan to use your truck.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer