Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, March 27th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Whopper Junior

whiterabbit7 is on a distinguished road
Default No Screen

My father in law borrowed the truck and when I got it back there was no power to the unit. I have tried to unplug it and replug it. Its been a few months now and I'm afraid I might have screwed up by waiting to get around to this because I might be out of warranty now. Thats what I'd get for having a busy life and also being a procrastinator. I originally thought it was just a simple thing I could figure out and fix, but now after reading some other posts I'm worried it might have gotten fried somehow.

Any ideas?
Old Sun, March 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

My first thought is that possibly the OBDII port is not receiving power. Does your cigarette lighter work? If not, you probably have a blown fuse - replace it. The same fuse powers the cigarette lighter and OBDII port.

If that was the problem, you'll need to plug in the unit with the ignition key ON (engine off) to let it boot properly.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, March 27th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Whopper Junior

whiterabbit7 is on a distinguished road

The outlet closet to the driver is out. Are you telling me that is all the problem is...that would be awesome, I will go check right now!
Old Sun, March 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Newb Diesel Huffer

roary is on a distinguished road

Yep! That is one of the most common things as to why a Gryphon won't even power on. I blew that fuse the other day, and had the same problem, but I knew it right away as I always have something plugged into that outlet. I've started using a 25a fuse in that outlet as I have blown it several times will very little load on it using the standard 20a. But upgrade the fuse at your own risk.
Old Mon, March 28th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roary View Post
Yep! That is one of the most common things as to why a Gryphon won't even power on. I blew that fuse the other day, and had the same problem, but I knew it right away as I always have something plugged into that outlet. I've started using a 25a fuse in that outlet as I have blown it several times will very little load on it using the standard 20a. But upgrade the fuse at your own risk.
If you are really worried about upgrading the fuse you should upgrade the wires between the fuse and wherever it leads to... that way you can have the bigger current draw without worrying about the wire burning up. , just my 2 cents
Old Mon, March 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Newb Diesel Huffer

roary is on a distinguished road

You got me there Tico...I'm still considering upgrading to an F650 lower dash panel so that may be something I do if I go that route.
Old Sun, April 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roary View Post
I would keep the original fuse size in there. Not just to save the wiring in the dash but also for the programmer. It is some rather sensitive equipment. If you are constantly blowing fuses then there is something you need to look at. If you are drawing too much from the socket then wire up another one. I have a total of four in my console. Three are on top that are made to run simple, low draw things like my GPS, chargers, etc. I've got another one underneath that is wired for about 25 amps but for now it just runs my CB radio. I use the actual cigarette lighter for keeping my MP3 player charged. I prefer to use my own wiring because just my console is able to handle over 60 amps. I decided to make it able to handle 6 100 watt lights and some smaller accessories...if I needed it to.