Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road
Default Code reader

Hey all, got a simple question. Recently while at work, our 2010 f150 had a MIL on, was wondering if my 04-08 Gryphon could have been used as a DTC reader for the 2010?..or is the CT/CTS only for that?.Turned out that someone had unplugged the MAF and that's what triggered the CEL.
Old Tue, April 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
Hey all, got a simple question. Recently while at work, our 2010 f150 had a MIL on, was wondering if my 04-08 Gryphon could have been used as a DTC reader for the 2010?..or is the CT/CTS only for that?.Turned out that someone had unplugged the MAF and that's what triggered the CEL.
Since no one's answered you, I'll give you an educated guess (which will bump the thread to the top) and say NO. As far as I know, the older model Gryphon/Edge will not work at all on 09+ trucks.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, April 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jack..you always come thru..i was hoping that i could just use the DTC part of my programmer. I tend to agree with your answer tho.
Old Tue, April 19th, 2011, 06:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yes, I don't see how the Gryphon could even boot, since it won't recognize the exotic new hex code. If it doesn't boot, I don't think the other functions are usable at all. But of course this is still just a WAG on my part.

- Jack
Old Thu, April 21st, 2011, 08:56 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I don't think that it would work because the cable would most likely be different, same type of difference between the 97-03's and the 04-08's. but I may be wrong... I don't think that it would hurt to plug it in, but if my guess about the cable is right then it could possibly fry something that shouldn't be fried... just my 2 cents...