Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, March 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough
Default Support Tickets?

Did something happen to the support ticket link on the home page? I'm probably missing it but I can't seem to find it somewhere......trying to see if Bill has reviewed my last request.

On another note, I'm thinking of getting rid of my 87 performance tune and going back to the 3 canned levels. Does anyone know the cost of that?
Old Sat, March 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

They've dropped the support ticket system due to issues with it. One of the issues is that some people's tickets were never received by them. If they have yours, they will work it. Otherwise, there is a new "live chat" feature I recommend you try.

It will cost you nothing to drop any custom tune and return to the canned ones.

With the older Gryphon, and your truck set back to stock, just fire up Pegasus, plug the Gryphon into your PC and click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager]. It will probably show a firmware and a calibration update. Apply BOTH. The calibration update will restore the canned tunes.

If you later decide to reload the Custom tune, You should be able to do that with [Updates]->[Custom File Download].

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, March 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
They've dropped the support ticket system due to issues with it. One of the issues is that some people's tickets were never received by them. If they have yours, they will work it. Otherwise, there is a new "live chat" feature I recommend you try.

It will cost you nothing to drop any custom tune and return to the canned ones.

With the older Gryphon, and your truck set back to stock, just fire up Pegasus, plug the Gryphon into your PC and click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager]. It will probably show a firmware and a calibration update. Apply BOTH. The calibration update will restore the canned tunes.

If you later decide to reload the Custom tune, You should be able to do that with [Updates]->[Custom File Download].

- Jack
Thanks Jack!!!!! I didn't think about that. I've decided to discontinue use of my custom tune due to the sputtering issue that seems to be unfixable. I switched back to my tow tune to pull a small trailer the other day and realized how much I like it. Might just stay with it for now unless I see a major change for those of us with this problem.

Hope you are well Jack.
Old Wed, May 25th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Double Whopper

PhqChevys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
Thanks Jack!!!!! I didn't think about that. I've decided to discontinue use of my custom tune due to the sputtering issue that seems to be unfixable. I switched back to my tow tune to pull a small trailer the other day and realized how much I like it. Might just stay with it for now unless I see a major change for those of us with this problem.

Hope you are well Jack.
I am having the same problem with my truck. My truck does the sputtering with all my custom tunes (87 tow, 87 performance, and 93 performance) but runs perfect on the stock tune and the canned tunes. I'm also thinking about abandoning my custom tunes and reloading the canned tunes. I thought that it was just my truck until I found these threads on PHP's forum. It actually makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one...

Keep us posted! If Bill finds the cure, sign me up for the antidote!!
Old Thu, May 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Scientist

Nope..you're definitely not the only one. Hopefully, IF there is a MAJOR fix that eliminates the issue across the board, maybe they'll let us know on the forum or by email. Unfortunately for me though, none of the calibration updates have worked. I'm back on my canned 87 tow tune permanently. My truck runs awesome on that tune though.....I'd almost say even better than in did on the custom performance tune. If the truck likes it.....probably best to leave it. I'm happy.
Old Fri, May 27th, 2011, 08:58 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

As you guys start threads on your driveability problems, I will address them. I think that I've made good progress with the last one and I'm just waiting to hear back from the customer to see if he's fixed.

The thing is that all of these are occuring with different hex codes so there is a little bit of time involved in rewriting them.
Old Fri, May 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
Nope..you're definitely not the only one. Hopefully, IF there is a MAJOR fix that eliminates the issue across the board, maybe they'll let us know on the forum or by email. Unfortunately for me though, none of the calibration updates have worked. I'm back on my canned 87 tow tune permanently. My truck runs awesome on that tune though.....I'd almost say even better than in did on the custom performance tune. If the truck likes it.....probably best to leave it. I'm happy.
I was thinking of going back to the canned tunes for the time being, but to play it safe I went back to the stock tune. I have a AirAid CAI, and to my understanding you can't mix canned tunes with a CAI on our trucks because it will make it run dangerously lean. I would love to run anything but the stock tune, but I don't want to toast my engine...
Old Fri, May 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Run the canned tow tune. It is designed to run a tad richer than your stock tune. It is the canned performance tune where you run the risk of super lean.
Old Sat, May 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Double Whopper

Ok thanks! I'll give it a go. Now when I plug in my Gryphon to the Pegasus software and have it update the canned calibrations, I know it will overwrite my custom tunes, but is there any way to backup my custom tunes to my computer or will they be gone forever? I ordered my custom tunes a while ago , back when they were $50 per tune and I have 3. I don't want to just throw $150 away...
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhqChevys View Post
Ok thanks! I'll give it a go. Now when I plug in my Gryphon to the Pegasus software and have it update the canned calibrations, I know it will overwrite my custom tunes, but is there any way to backup my custom tunes to my computer or will they be gone forever? I ordered my custom tunes a while ago , back when they were $50 per tune and I have 3. I don't want to just throw $150 away...
Check with them first, but your tunes "should" still be on the server. Just go to "custom file download" to restore your custom tunes.