Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, June 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eej711 View Post
I am having the same trouble with the "Internet error encountered". I got an email from Cody today saying my calibration update is ready for download and ive checked and made sure the serial number on my programmer matches the one in the email. i opened peguses clicked "Updates" then "Targeted Function" and that Internet error encountered pops up. Any idea on how to resolve this problem or am i doing something wrong?
If you are seeing the "Targeted Functions" option, your copy of Pegasus is VERY old and could be causing the problem. You should try to update it. Click on [Updates]->[Pegasus Update Manager] and accept any updates it finds. Once updated, the option for custom tunes is [Updates]->[Custom File Download].

If you can't update it and are using Windows 7 (or maybe Vista), it would be best if you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it from the link on PHP's webpage. During the installation, DON'T let it install into a "Program Files" directory: The default installation directory is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\". Instead, try to install it into: ""C:\PHP\". Windows 7 and possibly Vista make it very hard for programs to be updated in the "Program Files" directories.

- Jack
Old Thu, June 16th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Double Whopper

eej711 is on a distinguished road

I uninstalled Pegasus and then installed it again using the link on the PHP website instead of the disk that came with my gryphon and now when i click updates it has "custom file download" but it still pops up with "internet error encountered" when I click it to download my custom files. also the icon i click on to open Pegasus has the Norton protection shield icon on it?
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 09:13 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
I uninstalled Pegasus and then installed it again using the link on the PHP website instead of the disk that came with my gryphon and now when i click updates it has "custom file download" but it still pops up with "internet error encountered" when I click it to download my custom files. also the icon i click on to open Pegasus has the Norton protection shield icon on it?
Norton's firewall COULD be preventing a proper connection, and understand, I'm just trying to eliminate problems on your end before we give up and pull PHP into this. If you can turn Norton's firewall off while you try to download the tunes that will eliminate that possibility.

And, you didn't say, but Pegasus DOES report your Gryphon is connected, right?

Now, if you still can't download the tunes, I suspect there is a Serial Number error in the tunes that PHP uploaded to the server. They'll have to fix that, so hopefully Bill or Cody will see this if that is the case. I see from your User Profile, that your Serial Number (S/N) is: "50060", does that match what Pegasus shows on the bottom of the window when your Gryphon is connected to Pegasus?

- Jack
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Double Whopper

Yes, when i connect my Gryphon all the information fills in at the bottom of the Pegasus screen and the serial number matches the one on the back of my programmer.

I turned off the firewall and it still came up with the internet error when i tried to download.

Also i just noticed that when I open Pegasus it says that there are updates that are ready to be downloaded, so i click updates and then apply updates. Pagasus starts to update but then a screen saying "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid" and then Pegasus closes. I have registered on Pegasus so i am not sure what that is meaning.

I received an email from Cody yesterday titled "Gryphon custom file download" and saying my calibration update is ready for download (serial # matches the one on Pegasus and my programmer), but this morning he just said he got my HEX code. Does this mean they actually are not ready yet?

Last edited by eej711; Fri, June 17th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

They're done.

Can you go to the Support tab on our website and download the newest version of Pegasus client v.2.2.994? Bill JUST completed it this morning and it should take care of your issue (as well as the COMMxx32.ocx errors for everyone else).
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Double Whopper

I just downloaded the new version but when I click "Custom file download (Internet)" the Internet error still comes up.
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
I just downloaded the new version but when I click "Custom file download (Internet)" the Internet error still comes up.
Good, you're working with Cody now. Things WILL get straightened out.

Edit: Cody, I just removed and reinstalled the new Pegasus Client on my Win 7 machine. It seems to have fixed the commxx32.ocx error I had. You might let Bill know. (I didn't remove or install the drivers, since they didn't seem to be problematic.)

- Jack
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 12:11 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Try hitting [CTRL] [T] when your Gryphon screen turns from red to green. Your truck IS set to stock, right?

I have re-targeted the download for you as well just in case something got messed up.
Old Fri, June 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Double Whopper

It is working now.

Thank you Jack and Cody!
Old Mon, June 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It is working now.

Thank you Jack and Cody!
Kewl....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.