Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Cool.
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

That would be good if the sputtering is finally figured out.

Don't bank on that instant/average economy readout. The reason you had an average of 18 mpg while hot rodding is because when you go WOT you spend a few seconds at 5 mpg, then it takes you twice as long to roll back to your original speed, all the while accumulating 40 mpg readings. When you average them the 40 has more pull than the 5 because it having a larger value and the fact that there are more readings being averaged in.

Also that 12.4 battery voltage worries me if the engine is running.
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
That would be good if the sputtering is finally figured out.

Don't bank on that instant/average economy readout. The reason you had an average of 18 mpg while hot rodding is because when you go WOT you spend a few seconds at 5 mpg, then it takes you twice as long to roll back to your original speed, all the while accumulating 40 mpg readings. When you average them the 40 has more pull than the 5 because it having a larger value and the fact that there are more readings being averaged in.

Also that 12.4 battery voltage worries me if the engine is running.
YES! 12.4 Volts means your battery is NOT being charged at all! It should normally be above 13.5 - depending on the load, probably in the 13.9-14.1 range.

- Jack
Old Tue, June 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhqChevys View Post
Update:

Now that the computer has had a chance to "learn" with the 87 performance tune, my MPG have settled to about 14 or so. Yesterday I loaded the towing tune and the computer is still in the "learning" stage, but so far everything seems good. It has not done any sputtering in either tune so far. I still have about 1/2 tank (I have the big tank, I think it's 35 gal) of 87 left, once I burn it up, I'll fill up with some 93 and give that tune a go...
Can we get another update? How's things lookin so far bud??
Old Thu, June 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Double Whopper

PhqChevys is on a distinguished road

Update:

I have now had a chance to run all 3 of the tunes, and I happy to say it has not sputtered once! The truck has been running wonderfully. Cody, I believe you have solved the sputtering problem, at least for my truck... And as for the MPG, after more miles on it, it has averaged out to being about the same as with Bills tunes... 12-13 city, 15-16 hwy. Ohh, and as for my battery voltage in that picture, the truck was not running when I took the picture. When it's running it's about 14.1v or so...

Thank You Cody!!!

I'll keep you guys up to date if any sputtering comes up, but I think the tunes are good to go!