Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, October 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Haulin' *** since '91

iHellFire is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tunes fix lean conditon?

I have had my Gryphon for about 5 months with the gotts mod. Two days ago I ordered a CAI. I got it today, installed it after returning my truck to stock. I have placed an order today to re-tune the custom calibrations I had set on my gryphon since they were not set up for a CAI. Well I after doing my first test run with the CAI, check engine light came on and I got two lean codes. (171,174) I am seriously worried now. Do I not need to drive my truck until my new custom tunes arrive for the CAI and put my stock intake back on for now?

2004 (new body style) F150 5.4L 3v?

THanks.
Old Fri, October 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

You have the right to be worried. I would return the intake ASAP.

The performance gain you are seeing right now is due to the MAF sensor being fooled into thinking there is less air than there actually is and the O2 sensors responding that the mix is too lean to self correct. The custom tune for the intake will basically cancel out the gains by bringing the fuel/air ratio back to what it should while also reducing cam timing and other things to silence the drone.

If you are dead set on keeping the intake, do not drive it or put the stock intake back on until you have the rewritten tunes.
Old Sat, October 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Haulin' *** since '91

iHellFire is on a distinguished road

Alright longshot thanks for such a quick reply. I woke up early this morning and put my stock intake back on (which has gotts mod) and drove around a little with the truck at stock no codes and then put my truck back on my custom performance and drove around for about 7-8 miles and no codes. I am now waiting for my tunes and will put the CAI back on when I get my new calibrations.

THanks for the help bro!