Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, March 29th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Whopper Junior

ssrider is on a distinguished road
Default Custom tune with plans on upgrading tires

I have a 2005 f150 5.4 with a K&N CAI and MBRP exhaust. I'm looking to order a gryphon with custom tunes but I currently have stock tires and plan on upgrading to 33's in a couple months. Would it be better to get the tunes written for the 33's and then adjust the TS down until I get the tires? Or is it better to get the tune written for my current tires and then adjust the TS up for my new tires later? Also is there any harm in using the canned towing tune with these mods or should I also have a custom towing tune written?

Thanks
Old Tue, March 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

you should get custom tunes ASAP! the tire size isn't going to really change for the tunes, and yes you can change the TS after the fact. I have 35"ers on my truck and all I had to do was change it in the gryphon menu.
Get the custom tunes to fix any possible lean condition the CAI has introduced. and honestly you may just want to sell the CAI and do the gott's mod. no lean condition exists from it and dyno's have shown that it does almost exactly the same (performance wise) as the couple hundred dollar CAI. you could then sell the CAI to help pay for the programmer...
Hope that helps!
Old Sun, April 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Whopper

gusto is on a distinguished road

what about gear changes, do you have to get the tunes redone or can you just change it in the menu. I have 32s with 3.55gears but want to keep the 32s and put in 3.73 gears and i have a gryphon with the custom tunes
Old Sun, April 3rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrider View Post
I have a 2005 f150 5.4 with a K&N CAI and MBRP exhaust. I'm looking to order a gryphon with custom tunes but I currently have stock tires and plan on upgrading to 33's in a couple months. Would it be better to get the tunes written for the 33's and then adjust the TS down until I get the tires? Or is it better to get the tune written for my current tires and then adjust the TS up for my new tires later? Also is there any harm in using the canned towing tune with these mods or should I also have a custom towing tune written?

Thanks
I would get the tunes written for the tires you plan to get. Then if you reprogram and forget then your odometer and speedometer will not be as far off. They way I see it you'll have your bigger tires longer than your current ones so have the tune adjusted for it. But in reality it is just one more step either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusto View Post
what about gear changes, do you have to get the tunes redone or can you just change it in the menu. I have 32s with 3.55gears but want to keep the 32s and put in 3.73 gears and i have a gryphon with the custom tunes
The gear ratio can also be changed in the menu.
Old Thu, April 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Either way its done it will be ok....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.