Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Whopper

kobra_commader is on a distinguished road
Question tq convert gryphon ?

i just got my custom 87 tune for my 04 f150 and i noticed my torque converter isnt locking in 4th gear and i was goin a steady 55mph and it still didnt lock

and when i was running the level 2 canned tune it locked at like 45

was it written like this or what?
Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

If you have the monochrome gryphon (black and white) then get a datalog and I can tell you in 10 seconds if it is locking or not. In my sig I have a link of how to get a data log, download and view it. All you would need to do is do a very slow and even acceleration from 0 to about 70 while recording speed, rpm and comm gear then post a screen shot of the graph. The torque converter is probably locking up and you're not feeling it.
Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Whopper

I don't think I have one but I'll check and see..... But when it was level 2 tow perform I'd lock and when I hit the gas it would stay locked Now when I'm doin like 60 and I wanna bring it up to 65 with a little gas the rpms go up to about 2200 from about 1500
Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra_commader View Post
I don't think I have one but I'll check and see..... But when it was level 2 tow perform I'd lock and when I hit the gas it would stay locked Now when I'm doin like 60 and I wanna bring it up to 65 with a little gas the rpms go up to about 2200 from about 1500
I'm surprised the TC would stay locked if you stepped on the accelerator. The TC SHOULD unlock if you increase the throttle opening more than just a little bit. It does this in response to a demand for increased torque, which an unlocked TC allows by instantly increasing the engine RPM.

And, if you let off on the accelerator, the TC should also unlock, to let the engine "freewheel", so it doesn't drag your speed down. This saves on gas.

Do as Longshot says. Get a datalog and we might be able to tell you if an adjustment is needed.

As you might imagine, the TC tends to lock under very light load at cruise. It unlocks otherwise.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Whopper

It can data log and I'll do that tomarro... It makes sence now cuz I am getting better mpg just wasn't used to it
Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Forum Predator

If you are around 1500 when going about 50 mph then your TC is probably locked. Cody's got the TC locking figured out, he just wrote me a tune and I can barely feel it.
Old Fri, May 6th, 2011, 11:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
If you are around 1500 when going about 50 mph then your TC is probably locked. Cody's got the TC locking figured out, he just wrote me a tune and I can barely feel it.
What? Cody's giving YOU special treatment? Since when do young grasshoppers get this kind of attention?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

- Jack
Old Sat, May 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Forum Predator

I went through through the proper channels, sorry if you feel like I'm "on your lawn"
Old Wed, May 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
I went through through the proper channels, sorry if you feel like I'm "on your lawn"

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Whopper

ok i just did the run and after i hit 70 i felt it lock up

is there any way that i can change the value of when the converter unlocks under a little acceleration

i just wanna be able to hit the accelerator a little bit without it unlocking because it feels like its wasted gas...like when i mean a little i only wanna increase mph by like 5 mph i dont need it to unlock for that.