Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Bacon King

str088 is on a distinguished road
Default So I just recieved the recall...

As the title stated I just received my recall and have set up my appointment
for Monday for next week on the 23rd. Now I've read a few of the posts about
the ritual of taking our trucks to the dealer, but just wanted a better more pre-
cise step by step. From what I understand this is how it goes:

-Change programmer back to stock tune (a day before?)
-Take out the pod
-Hide the obdII wire
-Bring it in to dealer

But from what I understand from previous posts is that when you set your truck
back to stock settings it gives some kind of code, don't remember what it is. But
could that be a basis for the dealership to reflash my truck? They're replacing
some kind of harness so that it doesn't chaff the wiring for the airbag as
everyone here should know already, but just a little worried about what to
do with my programmer. Thanks for everyone's help and support.
Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

If it's just a wire harness recall, be sure that the dealership is 110% aware that you DO NOT WANT THE PCM REFLASHED FOR ANY REASON.....or you'll be out $30 and without custom tunes for a few weeks to get them rewritten.

But yes, make sure you return the truck to the stock program before you take it in (no worries about when you do this).
Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

To make sure you reset the P1000 code (I/M readiness code), you should probably set back to stock several days before you visit the dealer. How many days before depends on on how much you drive each day. Basically you have to complete the Ford Driving Cycle.

IIRC, the Gryphon can always read the DTCs (even if your tuned to stock), so it's easy to check if the code is still present.

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 04:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And, the dealer would not flash your PCM for the P1000 code. That code is also set if you disconnect the battery (when the vehicle is on the stock tune). You could always say you had the battery disconnected if you were ever asked about it. The P1000 code should go away when you complete the "drive cycle" process, but this could take quite a while, based on my experience. This is why you should NEVER put your truck back to stock when you go for an emissions test. The P1000 code will cause you to fail.

The tunes in the Gryphon keep the P1000 code from happening, so it will disappear as soon as you retune your truck.

And, the whole bit about having a programmer is moot anyway if your truck is out of warranty. There's no real need to "hide" it from them. Mostly, I take my programmer out when the truck goes to the dealer to keep them from playing with it. And if you don't set the truck to stock and they DO reflash the PCM, it will cost you more to get your Gryphon "unlocked", so ALWAYS return to stock before going to a dealer.

Oh, I'd remove the OBD wire, in case they find it and throw it away, since it won't be connected to anything.

I hope all this makes sense.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, May 28th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Bacon King

str088 is on a distinguished road

So I had the fix done and all you really need to do is tell them not to touch the
programmer. I left mine on and just told them and they didn't mess with it.

Tags
airbag, dealer, gryphon php, process, recall