Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
lawrenr2001

lawrenr2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Damaged programmer

I let me truck set for a couple of weeks without running it (and I did unplug my programmer), however when I went out to start the truck I plugged in my programmer then tried starting .... and nothing dead battery! Then without thinking (about un plugging ) I hooked up my wife's vehicle and jump started my truck....it started first crank. BUT...when I got back to take off, I noticed my Gryphon now had a blue screen! It seems to be damaged ...my question is now what do I do with it ????? My truck is still programmed to my last tune (93 performance) and runs fine with the programmer off, but now i seem to have a dead programmer. Can someone guide me to what I need to do now. I plan on calling Bill about tomorrow (but he is always soo busy poor guy)....HELP!
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 05:08 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I've never seen a "blue screen". Do you have the monochrome Gryphon or one of the newer CS/CTS units?

If it's a monochrome Gryphon, it probably just needs to be "reset". With the ignition key ON (engine OFF), unplug the Gryphon at the OBD port. Wait about 15 seconds and then plug it back in again. If it shows your "hex" code, you're back in business.

If it's a CS or CTS. I'd unplug it and plug it back in again too, but the key does not have to be ON when you do this. If the boot process starts, you should be OK.

If these don't work, you'll have to talk to PHP.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
lawrenr2001

Thanks Jack, but I had the thing (it's monochrome? bought in 2008) unplugged now for several hours and every time I go back out and try to plug it in again...same thing! The screen has a blue squared screen, but you can see the start menu ghosted ....I try and hit enter (it gives me my HEX) ...but nothing...it's like it's froze ...with a blue squared screen! I wish it is going to be as easy as rebooting! Wrong time for this to happen, I've been out work for a couple months and just don't have extra money now for a new programmer! I thought about reconnecting to my computer, but I have my wife's laptop (lost mine with the job, along with my Gryphon codes!), looks like a may need some assistance from the good people at PHP!
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

That sucks... :/, You can use your wife's laptop and install pegasus there and it should work. the tunes are stored on a server at PHP, so if you need to reinstall them, it should work just fine. They are only kept on there for a certain amount of time, but it is more than a year usually. Call Bill at PHP and ask him to make sure your tunes are still on the server. Calling seems to get ahold of them the quickest, but you can always try a PM to Bill or Cody and see how that goes. Good luck!
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It doesn't sound like it's totally "bricked", but because your truck is still at the Level 3 tune, you're not going to be able to try any "Pegasus" reprogramming. PHP is going to have to get involved. Try getting through on their Live chat" link: FlashChat v6.0.8

I just tried there, but no one seemed to be home. You might have better luck. Many people have used it successfully. At least your truck is not disabled.

- Jack
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 06:49 PM
lawrenr2001

Thanks again Jack. I hope you're right about it not being totally trashed. I will try and get a hold of Bill tomorrow. At least my truck is running good on the current tune up. Good thing the programmer doesn't need to be constantly plugged in for a tune up. As long as I keep running 93 octane and don't have any real issues I should be fine until I get this thing answered.