Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Double Whopper

PhqChevys is on a distinguished road
Help I think I need my calibrations looked at

I was told by Cody...
"Ok. The original poster's problem should be resolved. I will leave this thread open until I find out for sure. For anyone else that needs their calibrations looked at, please start a new thread as your problem may go unnoticed if you put it here."
So that is what i'm doing. I think I need my calibrations looked at, I have custom 87 tow tune, custom 87 performance tune, and custom 93 performance tune (my profile is up to date with my HEX code and serial #) In all 3 tunes, I'm experiencing the sputtering problem that seems to be going around. The truck runs perfect on the stock tune and on the canned tunes, it only sputters with the custom tunes. For reference, this thread explains all the symptoms that I am experiencing to the tee. Before realizing that it only occurred with the custom tunes, I replaced the spark plugs and the COP's (Motorcraft PZT14F plugs and Motorcraft COP's) thinking that I had a bad one, but it did not fix it.
I would appreciate it if you could take a look at my tunes and see what you can do. It has become quite a problem recently as it is sputtering more often now. It used to do it about once a month or so, which I could live with, but now it does it about 1-2 times a week. It's got to the point where I'm thinking of abandoning my custom tunes and reloading the canned tunes on my Gryphon... PLEASE HELP
Old Sat, May 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Double Whopper

Testing, testing, 123.... yup the forum is working and able to post replies...
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

You haven't been forgotten but I'll leave a post for Cody on the mod board.
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 11:03 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Take another look at this thread.....http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...puttering.html

I haven't heard from this other customer yet.

And for crying out loud, IT'S THE WEEKEND. As soon as I hear back from the last customer, I'll get right on your tunes.
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
You haven't been forgotten but I'll leave a post for Cody on the mod board.
I appreciate it, Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Take another look at this thread.....http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...puttering.html

I haven't heard from this other customer yet.

And for crying out loud, IT'S THE WEEKEND. As soon as I hear back from the last customer, I'll get right on your tunes.
I'm sorry, by all means enjoy your weekend, and Happy Memorial Day. My OP was on Thursday morning and there was no response for days. I just didn't want to be forgotten about...
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Forum Predator

Sorry Cody, I didn't realize what day of the week it was because my 3 day weekend doesn't officially start until tomorrow.
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 08:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Tom,

Since your calibrations were written in September of '08, I don't have an invoice listing the specific order of the tunes. I know what the tunes ARE, but not which level to each was assigned on the programmer.
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Tom,

Since your calibrations were written in September of '08, I don't have an invoice listing the specific order of the tunes. I know what the tunes ARE, but not which level to each was assigned on the programmer.
Sure, the order they are in on my Gryphon is...
1) Custom 87 Octane Tow
2) Custom 87 Octane Performance
3) Custom 93 Octane Performance

Can you explain what you are changing in the tunes? Like what I was saying, the sputtering problem has always been there with the tunes. All the way up until now it only happened occasionally...about once month or so, and I always just chocked it up to bad gas or something. But recently, the last couple of months, it has been doing it up to several times a day on it's bad days, but on average it does it a couple of times a week...
Old Tue, May 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Double Whopper

Also, another thing I've noticed with my custom tunes is that the truck isn't very "spunky" at all between 0%-90% throttle (closed loop, I think), but anything between 90%-100% throttle (open loop, I think), it is a completely different truck. It's a complete night and day difference. If that is the case, is there a way to make the truck run "open loop" (I think)... The difference is seriously like comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari. If you are driving and are say at 90% throttle and the truck going along, If you push the throttle just a bit more it wakes up and pushes you back into the seat, and the RPM's shoot up FAST, but 90% throttle and less feels very much like the stock OEM tune...

I hope I'm explaining it well, it's kind of hard to describe I guess... I hope this info helps out with diagnosing what might be the problem...

Last edited by PhqChevys; Tue, May 31st, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old Tue, May 31st, 2011, 10:11 PM
Forum Predator

Yep, that is open loop, but unfortunately you can't run in that all the time...Well I guess you can but your truck wont last long