Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, June 1st, 2011, 06:35 AM
Double Whopper

PhqChevys is on a distinguished road

So I take it that is where a supercharger comes in... Someday....someday...
Old Tue, June 7th, 2011, 09:09 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Ok Tom. I'm going to rewrite your tunes this evening. I haven't heard from stlhrse yet, but I'm going to get yours out of the way (hopefully on the first try) tonight.

Expect an email tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old Tue, June 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Double Whopper

Wonderful! I look forward to giving them a try! Just let me know when there on the server, and I'll plug in my Gryphon...
Old Tue, June 7th, 2011, 02:40 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Return the truck to stock and download the "new" custom files, Tom.
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Double Whopper

I just saw your post, I'll load then when I get home today. I'll only be able to try out the 87 octane tunes, I have a 3/4 full tank of 87 right now...
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Double Whopper

Well, I decided to update and reprogram during my lunch brake. I've only put about 10 miles (maybe) on it and have only tried the 87 performance tune, so far. The engine seems to idle much smoother. Before it had kind of a "lobe" to it. It wasn't a bad at all, just noticeable, the engine would slightly rock the truck when stopped at a red light, it no longer does this...it's nice a smooth. So far, the sputtering problem has not occurred, it runs very much like the Edge canned tunes did. My only concern is if you leaned out the A/F ratio any. The reason why I ask is in the short amount of time I was able to drive it, it says that its getting 18.2 MPG, and that was with my playing with it and running it hard, good amount of WOT and downshifting it (I was trying see if it would sputter) when coming up on red light and such. I do know my truck very well and my old custom tunes very well and it has never showed me 18.2 MPG before, I guess I just want to make sure that it's not running lean. Besides for that one concern, so far so good... It's running great! I'll get some more road time with it, and try out the towing tune as well. I'll try out the 93 tune after I use up my tank of 87. I'll keep you posted!
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhqChevys View Post
So far, the sputtering problem has not occurred, it runs very much like the Edge canned tunes did. My only concern is if you leaned out the A/F ratio any. The reason why I ask is in the short amount of time I was able to drive it, it says that its getting 18.2 MPG
I did change the A/F ratio under load just a little bit and I did make it leaner but it's still within stock boundaries. Bill had initially set it up pretty rich and I have found that with the last couple tunes that I fixed. I also made some changes to the ignition timing and it's more aggressive than Edge's by a long shot.

Enjoy!
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I did change the A/F ratio under load just a little bit and I did make it leaner but it's still within stock boundaries. Bill had initially set it up pretty rich and I have found that with the last couple tunes that I fixed. I also made some changes to the ignition timing and it's more aggressive than Edge's by a long shot.

Enjoy!
Come to think of it, my exhaust tip does have a bit of black soot on it all the time...

Well, I'm defiantly happy with 18.2 MPG (standing on it) over my previous 14-15 MPG (highway). Maybe Bill had it richer due to the cold air intake that's on the truck...i couldn't tell ya. Just as long as your adjustments and leaning it up a bit is still safe and won't destroy my engine then, then I'm all for it! She runs like a champ!
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Double Whopper

Update:

Now that the computer has had a chance to "learn" with the 87 performance tune, my MPG have settled to about 14 or so. Yesterday I loaded the towing tune and the computer is still in the "learning" stage, but so far everything seems good. It has not done any sputtering in either tune so far. I still have about 1/2 tank (I have the big tank, I think it's 35 gal) of 87 left, once I burn it up, I'll fill up with some 93 and give that tune a go...
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Looking good. I'd LOVE for you to run the rest of that tank out on the 87 performance tune and then give us another update. If no sputtering....might be my turn