Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, June 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Double Whopper

MileHigh04SCREW is on a distinguished road
Default New HEX Code = New Custom Tunes?

So, I took my truck to the dealer's to get the airbag recall taken care of and, as I've known for a long time, my HEX code is a very old version. I reset my Gryphon to stock and unplugged it before taking the truck in, and I had the dealer update my PCM/TCM.

I haven't plugged my Gryphon back in, I do have lots of updates to my PCM according to the dealer.

Do I now need my custom tunes re-written?
Old Tue, June 7th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, if your hex code is different you'll need entirely new tunes.
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If the dealer updated the pcm the its possible the hex code changed....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Double Whopper

Ok, so I probably do have a new HEX code. How do I check?

Do I plug my gryphon back into my truck and read the new HEX code? This won't "lock" anything since the gryphon doesn't "belong" to the old HEX code anymore, will it?

How do I ask Bill to re-write my tunes? Corey said he would do it once I updated my PCM/HEX - http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...t-1-2-a-2.html

This site has exploded in members, and I haven't been back on here since last year! Not sure how things have changed... Any help would be appreciated, as my Gryphon is currently useless!

Thanks,
MileHigh
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh04SCREW View Post
Ok, so I probably do have a new HEX code. How do I check?

Do I plug my gryphon back into my truck and read the new HEX code? This won't "lock" anything since the gryphon doesn't "belong" to the old HEX code anymore, will it?

How do I ask Bill to re-write my tunes? Corey said he would do it once I updated my PCM/HEX - http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...t-1-2-a-2.html

This site has exploded in members, and I haven't been back on here since last year! Not sure how things have changed... Any help would be appreciated, as my Gryphon is currently useless!

Thanks,
MileHigh
MileHigh - You'll need to return your Gryphon to the "uncustomized" status, which will put "canned tunes" back on it. I think you have the monochrome Gryphon?

Fire up Pegasus on your PC. Make sure you have the latest version (Pegasus should offer to update itself if this is not the case), and then plug in your Gryphon. Click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] once you are connected and apply any firmware AND calibration updates it shows. This will replace the custom tunes with canned tunes that should work just fine on your truck with the new hex code.

When you've done that, plug the Gryphon back into the truck and note the hex code (which you will get to Bill). But, feel free to use any canned tune while you wait for a new custom tune.

If I'm not being clear, ask me to clarify.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Whopper Junior

texasmug is on a distinguished road

Two questions...

1) Did they charge you anything to update your PCM?

2) Obviously, I'd be out the money to get a new custom tune from Bill since my HEX code will change, but other than that, is there any benefit to getting my PCM updated when I take my truck in for the recall?
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Double Whopper

Jack - you are the absolute best. I wish we were neighbors.

Texas - Yes, they charged me $70. Totally worth it. My truck shifts nice a smooth now, powerband feels beefy (for stock), no roll-back on hills anymore when I come to a stop, idles better now (I had a small shudder when the engine was warm and in neutral).

I can't wait for the new tunes. I was having some serious hard-shift issues prior and have not "floored" my truck since I last posted here. I hope this fixes the issue.

Cheers,
MileHigh
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Double Whopper

HELP!

Gryphon will not update.

I have updated Pegasus. Plugged in the Gryphon. Selected [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] -> [Update All]

It downloads everything, gets through a bunch of programming screens, but when it gets to the "Updating Files" progress-bar-window, it errors out "Connection Failed - Communications Timed Out on Com 12. Please check port settings and retry."

It then gives me this screen on Pegasus:

Unable to update version file.
Update Cancelled.

Update failed.

Ive connected it to 3 USB ports on my computer, restarted twice. Still same error. It always stops at exactly 50% on the Updating Files screen...

Any suggestions?
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Double Whopper

Has anyone had this problem before? I tried it again before I left for work and got the same error...
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

What's the version of Pegasus you are running? It's on the top of the screen (what we cal the "Title Bar").

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!

Tags
new hex, new tune