Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Whopper

Stealth is on a distinguished road
Default Update issues...

Howdy! First post!

I have an original custom tuned edge evo back when Bill first started custom tunes.

I recently had Bill adjust my custom tunes to turn off the rear o2's. I try to get them on the tuner with Pegasus and get the following messages:

Internet error encountered. Page cannot be found. Unable to locate a Target Instruction file. Process failed. Update failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance.

I have done all suggestions in the FAQ area regarding updates and no dice. I really need an answer to get the tunes on my programmer. I don't know if I can hook it up to my truck or not since it has started an update process and failed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's possible you have a serial number mismatch. This is something Bill or Cody will have to fix.

And, if you could enter that value in your User Profile, along with your PCM's hex code and other contact information in addition to your phone number (which I see is there, it will help them a bunch).

Are you the same "Stealth" as on f150online? I see you have the same first name.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Whopper

Well as asked I emailed Bill my serial number from the Pegasus screen already. That said the one on the evo and the Pegasus screen differ.

My main concern is if I can run my stock tune safely while I am waiting for a resolution.

And yes I'm the unseen one. lol
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Whopper

All right, Bill called me and we got everything squared away. How's that for customer service!!!! PHP ROCKS!!!
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Whopper

Well I tried to load my 87 perf tune and the programmer locked up. Bill's working on it again behind the scenes.
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

He'll get it squared away, have no fear. You might have an "older" unit and they seem to have a few hiccups when using Pegasus.

I agree, PHP rocks! Glad you've joined us Will.

- Jack
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Whopper

Yeah the truck starts and everything, he's figuring it out and testing it out on another unit.

Yes my custom tuned edge evo unit is a dinosaur compared to the gryphon but I love it. Worth every penny.
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Whopper

Bill just called and fixed it all up again. Did remote desktop and restored my gryphon/evo and then we got the custom files loaded. Somehow the unit got too many files loaded and it stopped completely, but it's all good now.
Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
PHP Groupie

Good to hear, Will. Happy motoring!

- Jack
Old Thu, June 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Double Whopper

eej711 is on a distinguished road
Default same trouble

I am having the same trouble with the "Internet error encountered". I got an email from Cody today saying my calibration update is ready for download and ive checked and made sure the serial number on my programmer matches the one in the email. i opened peguses clicked "Updates" then "Targeted Function" and that Internet error encountered pops up. Any idea on how to resolve this problem or am i doing something wrong?