Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Double Whopper

Extreme Justice will become famous soon enough
Default Stock Tune and new tire Size Question

If i want to keep my Gryphon at Stock (0) setting how do I go about changing my tire size? or do I have to load "Tune" setting in order to change the tire size?

Thanks
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Justice View Post
If i want to keep my Gryphon at Stock (0) setting how do I go about changing my tire size? or do I have to load "Tune" setting in order to change the tire size?

Thanks
If you have the newer CS/CTS programmer, you can change the Tire Size while leaving the vehicle's tune at stock. But, with the older monochrome Gryphon/Edge, you have to load a tune to do this.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Double Whopper

Ah, thanks Jack. I have and Edge, that I got converted by Bill in March of 2009 with Custom Tunes, and I just changed my tires to 305/55/20's from the stock 275/55/20's. I reset my gryphon about 1 year ago to stock, because i was getting some stuttering/hesitation occassionally. I've just gotten back onto the forum and noticed this seems to be an issue?

After over 2 years i connected my Gryphon to my computer today and it indicates there's updates, but when i tray too, it indicates to call PHP/vendor (or something like that and won't let me upgrade). Ive got the latest pegasus software installed. Any ideas?
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Double Whopper

Jack, hopefully you can help me with this. I get this message when attempting to update my Edge/Gryphon.

Unable to locate Valid firmware file.

Please contact Powerhungry for further assistance.

Thanks
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

When you get the update message, is it for Pegasus or is it for a Gryphon Update? (In other words, does it automatically pop up when you start Pegasus?) Just for reference, the latest version of Pegasus is v2.02.0944. The self-update feature in Pegasus does not work on Windows Vista or 7 due to security issues with those operating systems. The only solution is to uninstall, download the latest version from the website, and then reinstall. This new install changes the location of the files (moves them out of the "Program Files" folder) and resolves the self-update problems.

Anyway, there have been fixes to the hesitation and stuttering issue so if you have been experiencing that problem and haven't had that issue resolved, then we can take care of it and set up a new download.

Take care.

On Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Justice View Post
Jack, hopefully you can help me with this. I get this message when attempting to update my Edge/Gryphon.

Unable to locate Valid firmware file.

Please contact Powerhungry for further assistance.

Thanks
Could you please validate the serial number of the device from Pegasus? I am not finding the one you have in your CP.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Double Whopper

Bill, The Pegasus Software is using the latest. V2.02.0994. This is for the Gryphone update. I am using Windows 7 if that helps. I used the download from the PHP "SOFTWARE" site. No other installs of pegasus prior to this as I deleted the older versions before installing this version.

My Serial number is 1018875. I got updated and custom tunes loaded on May 2009.
I haven't looked at the stuttering issues till just now. sounds like what i have experienced. While sitting at stop lights, all of a sudden truck starts to stutter and run rough. didn't happen all the time, but enough that i just kept it at stock tune.

Not sure why not not the same setting in CP as I haven't changed anything.
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The serial number you have in the CP is 1018875, the same one you indicated. What's curious is that your serial number is not located on the server for a custom download so I don't know how you ever got your custom tunes. I have reset your download, so give it a try again and let me know.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Double Whopper

Bill, Still indicates unable to locate valid firmware file. I've turned off all my security and firewalls too. Still unable to locate
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Double Whopper

OK, Weird. Bill, I chose Update Custom File Download and it Worked!!. Gryphon updated. But if I choose Updates, Gryphon update manager It shows I have Firmware and Calibration updates. If I choose to update it I still get the, Unable to locate valid firmware File.

So Bill does this mean that the file i just downloaded will fix the hesitation issue? Or is this my original Custom Tunes (I got 3)? Do I have the updated Firmware and Calibrations now. Pegasus in Gryphon Update Manager say's I don't.

BTW thanks for quick replies.

Yes I even went back and checked my CP to make sure i entered it correctly and both were the same number. I still have our private emails for the tunes, just to show i'm ligit.

Last edited by Extreme Justice; Thu, July 14th, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 03:47 PM

No worries, I'm just not sure how you had the custom tunes on the device since I don't show a download for it. Give these tunes a spin and if there is still a problem get with me and we'll make a new set.

As for the GUM, there isn't any reason to use it. The firmware hasn't had a significant update in a long time and the calibration update would just overwrite your custom tunes.

Take care.

(678) 890-1110