Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Double Whopper

Extreme Justice will become famous soon enough

Thank You. Will keep you posted.
Old Mon, July 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Double Whopper

Bill, it's been 4 days and no issues whatsoever at this time. I feel like I could spin these brand new 305/55/20 BFG A/T tires on the Custom 87 Performance tune.

Thanks Again
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

That's really good to hear. But like Bill, I'm really puzzled about you being able to download custom tunes without it registering on their server and not being able to update the firmware. Nothing is making sense here at all. But as Bill says, the firmware update is not anything you need, and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

- Jack
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
That's really good to hear. But like Bill, I'm really puzzled about you being able to download custom tunes without it registering on their server and not being able to update the firmware. Nothing is making sense here at all. But as Bill says, the firmware update is not anything you need, and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

- Jack
Jack, I'm not sure either. Was able to Re-Downlaod the Custom Tunes, but could not download the Firmware for Calibration updates. I'm glad i kept my Private messages from 2009 to prove that I did Pay and Recieve them. (although Bill did not request proof). I just hope my Tunes are Registered now!
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Double Whopper

I may of spoke too soon. Today while stopped at a stop light, all of a sudden the truck started to run extremely rough. So much so that I actually got scared that something was going to break.
This lasted for 20 seconds ( I couldn't pull over as stuck in traffic ) then seemed to correct itself on own. The outside temperature was a nice 24C, all my gauges were normal and the truck was warmed up. I was on the 87 Performance tune when this happened. This is the same thing that happened before. Never done this when on "Stock (0)" setting.

help
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 10:59 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Well, I guess I put this back on the list to get checked out tomorrow. I just don't understand why it's happening so intermittently. Anyway, hang tight and we'll see what we can come up with tomorrow.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Double Whopper

Bill, I don't know how to explain it. All of a sudden without any warning the truck engine started to shake quite rough. The were no check engine or warning lights that came on and nothing strange appeared on the Gryphon display (all gauges appeared normal). This is what happened twice before when I was on the 87 Performance Tune. After the last time this happened, I have kept it on the stock tune ( over past year) without any stumbling. Like I indicated before this lasted about 20 seconds before correcting itself on it's own (engine stopped shaking and stumbling). The whole truck was literally shaking with the engine stumbling. The engine RPM's appeared to remain steady with no fluctuation. No noticeable smoke coming out of the tail pipe or anything like that. Hope any of the above observations help.
Old Sat, July 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Reminds me of my mysterious miss.....but that happened in stock 2 times and in the canned tow tune once......I just chalked it up to moisture down in the cop boots.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, July 24th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Double Whopper

I have since switched back to stock tune and no issues with hesitation, sputtering or running rough.