Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, October 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Whopper

jwmaier1215 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think I'm just impressed enough right now that 1mph or a fraction of a MPH isn't going to make me much difference. Right on, goovey!

Thank you again shotgun and JackandJanet!
Old Tue, October 11th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Glad you got everything ironed out. Just in case you are wondering I used 2400 in that post because I was making a guess at my tire size for 265/70-17 and then rounded down to the nearest hundred. To help lower your % error it is best to use an initial tire size that is way off from what you should be getting. Since most people are looking for the TS of a 35" tire 2400 just seemed to work.

Here is an example of why I start overly low:
If your tire size is 2715 but you start with 2700, your % difference is .5% Your odometer will not pick that up without going 50+ miles.

Now if your tire size is still 2715 but you start with 2400, your % difference is 11.6% and the difference will show up within 10 miles. I'm guestimating on numbers but your truck will be reading a little over 10 miles when the GPS will read 9.
10.2/9*2400=2720. Dang, I guessed pretty close.
Old Wed, October 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Whopper

jwmaier1215 is on a distinguished road

Lol, yeah LS! I just wanted to make sure 2400 was a guess at whatever tire size you had and not a "standard" number to use. Which is why I kind of got confused/knew something was wrong when I came up with a number greater than what a stock 35in tire should be. Luckily JanetandJack and shotgun are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G with this sort of stuff. I used JJ's number and it's so close, I'm not even going to fool with it! I was extremely amazed running the expressway at 5pm (rush hour galore) and being able to go from 60mph-70mph with a snap of the finger, truck never use to accelerate like this! BTW, the SL on the expressway is 50-55mph (varies) and at one point the entire stretch of road (all 3 lanes going east) from as far as I could see, to as far back as I could see was running 70+ and I was in the slow lane! Crazy stuff. You'd think I'm from Chicago or something, but I'm only living in Evansville, Indiana (pop. of 250k).