Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Whopper Junior

spencer922 is on a distinguished road
Default Alternative Chip Options??

Hey, I'm relatively new here on this forum. I just had a quick question. I have a 1995 F350 PSD with the auto and 4x4 etc. I had read on PSN that Bill could burn a single program on the old Gold Superchips modules? I know that the TS Chip is the one to have, and I have had that and sold it unfortunately. But, I've run into a decent deal on one of these Superchips and was wondering if there was any confirmation that Bill could do this. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Spencer
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

wait and get the 6 pos
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

He CAN do it, but you are stuck with whatever PCM code your truck currently has.
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Whopper Junior

So, I won't be able to have any updated transmission tunes or anything like that? I'm TEE5 which I haven't found to be total trash. I'd like some tweaks though like anyone else. I just figure with my stock AA's I won't be able to get very many drivable tunes so maybe I could get away on skipping the TS. I was kinda hoping for like a mild daily/economy tune, and then a tow tune, and like a race tune. As much of a race as I can with it being all stock. What do you guys think?
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 10:37 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

You can only have 1 program on that chip.

Or did I mis-interpret your post?
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Whopper Junior

Nah, you understood correctly. I was just talking about tunes on a TS chip if I got one. I was just thinking I could get away with one tune.
Old Thu, February 25th, 2010, 10:54 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Maybe if you only use your truck for one thing. But if you are like most of us we ask our trucks to do lots of different chores for us, and there should be a program for each.

I would LOVE to have a program that does it all, but it seem more logical to have a programs designed to excel at a certain thing, than it is to have one tune that is marginal at everything.
Old Fri, February 26th, 2010, 07:15 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer922 View Post
So, I won't be able to have any updated transmission tunes or anything like that? I'm TEE5 which I haven't found to be total trash. I'd like some tweaks though like anyone else. I just figure with my stock AA's I won't be able to get very many drivable tunes so maybe I could get away on skipping the TS. I was kinda hoping for like a mild daily/economy tune, and then a tow tune, and like a race tune. As much of a race as I can with it being all stock. What do you guys think?

You have TEE5 and by having Bill reprogram your Superchips chip, you will still have TEE5.....albeit probably with a few transmission shift issue fixes. The Superchips is a one-bank chip which means that it is unable to actually turn your TEE5 into a TDE1. It is able to control mapping functions like shift points, fueling, SOI, etc. Basically, the truck will run off of the programming in the PCM but only use the chip for "bank 8" maps.