Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1994 to 2020 Ford Cars

1994 to 2020 Ford Cars All OBD-II vehicles go here. Mustangs, T-Birds, Cougars, Taurus SHOs, Contours, Focus, Mark-VIIIs, GTs, and anything else you can think of will be right at home.
If you have questions about late model cars or just have a nice one to brag about, here's the spot for you, too!

Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 09:31 PM
Double Whopper

bsdracing is on a distinguished road
Default turbocharging 2001 ford focus lx 5spd

wondering what tuning and size injectors and if mass air is a must to turbo a stock 2001 ford focus its one of my two focuses and just needs more power like my cummins and powerstroke lol what do you guys think? I have turboed mustangs and stuff like that but all used blow through carbs. can i simply make a oil feed and oil return in pan and put bigger injectors and some tuning? or would I need mass air cant remember if it is already or not.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

Being a 2001 yes it is mass air. Honestly for the power you will produce a 65 mm TB and 19 lb injectors will work. When tuning get your AF ratio and MAF transfer function right and you will be good. For that car I wold bump up to a 190 lph fuel pump also. Everyting you can get from a bone yard.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Fri, May 7th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Double Whopper

so pretty much just make feed and return oil lines and bigger fuel pump mess with some tuning and thats it I have turbocharged carbed motors before just nothing with a computer lol
Old Sun, May 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

Yes make sure when you plumb your tubing you blow through the MAF and have your blow valve set to 7 psi.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Double Whopper

alright thanks a ton I will see what I can fab up with the stuff I have also is it true I cant tune a focus with minotaur? I once again have not looked into the PCM on the focus but could it be tuned with a chip?
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

yes you can use the chip. I am pretty sure that you can use the Minotaur. Also in your exhaust make sure to put an extra bung for an AFR guage, so you can monitor that. I would look for a turbo from a 90 Probe.
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Double Whopper

alright I will look into it a bit more I just dont want to bolt up a turbo and not be able to tune it or if I do get everything going besides the tuning what it would run like?
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

keep an eye on the AFR. Wouldn't want to get on it though.
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Mon, May 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

If it helps, be sure to check out some of the Focus forums; there were a ton of people who had done this back when I had a Focus in '03. I'm sure you could get some ideas on what worked or didn't.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.