Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Will do and Ill let you know.

What does N over V stand for? What is that parameter?
eNgine RPM/Vehicle Speed

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

My bad. I should just quit this.

Today is not a good day.
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Double Whopper

Shaw is on a distinguished road

Pocket - I think your right. Now that I think about it, I started noticing the issues after I made changes to the A/D counts in the Mass fuel map?

How do you guys figure out your down shifts when setting it up that way? It just would be so nice to look at the chart and figure it out by RPM / vehicle speed and make it do what I want it to.

Do any of you have the issue with your torque converter locking at a different speed then what you tell it to?
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

There are several things controlling torque converter lockup that make it a bit difficult to pinpoint. There are time delays, load calculations, trans temps, and even RPMs that can delay or even prevent a lockup from occurring. Because of this, there is no clear-cut way to control converter lockup. We can usually finesse the values enough to achieve what we're looking for, but sometimes the ECM has a mind of its own.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 01:45 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
It's not just your definitions, Dave. I don't think they're "switched" per se, but it's just the way they're labeled; there wasn't exactly a manual to follow when Bill was making the definitions.

I adjust both of them the same though.....
Yup, wasn't a knock on PHP, just something I fought with for a bit.

I too am now in the habit of making both the same, even for the 4-3 shifts.

Shaw- a emulator is the shiz!

I learned more with that damn thing in a week then I did in a entire year! If you can swing it, I would get your hands on one.
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Double Whopper

Cody - your post you made is missing about changing the N/V. Anyway's I found that when I changed it to 52 the shift and converter lockup went the wrong way (making the map further off) Tonight I will put a lower number in and see if it moves it towards what Im looking for. I think this might take care of things.

Bill - I seem to have the converter pretty much locking constantly when I want it to. It just doesn't match what the map mph says. the map says 30 but then it doesn't lock till 39mph actual. If I put 21mph in the map it will lock around 30. Not a big deal, just confuses me when I try to figure it in with all other shifting.
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Cody - your post you made is missing about changing the N/V. Anyway's I found that when I changed it to 52 the shift and converter lockup went the wrong way (making the map further off) Tonight I will put a lower number in and see if it moves it towards what Im looking for. I think this might take care of things.
Oops.

Thinking one thing and typing another.....
Old Fri, July 29th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Double Whopper

It worked looks like the magic number was 40. Thanks for the help!!!