Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Double Whopper

Location: Bornin Queens NY,moved to Napanoch NY,now in Maple Hill NC because of the military.
Cadash is on a distinguished road
Default Round II Fellas

Here we go again.....Getting conflicting info else where. I want new injectors. I DONT want HUGE power gains. Just a LITTLE bump. Im not looking to be a dyno king (especially with these crazy D-maxes and Cummins guys) but I do dyno OCCASIONALLY. I do drag race OCCASIONALLY. Just to support events. It IS my DD and the family wagon. I will be towing an 11,000lb+ trailer. But most of all it is my DD and it has PMRs. Id rather not replace my turbo unless I really have to. No way would I ever have the cash flow to fix a windowed motor(get a new one) if that were to ever happen (knock on wood). So Im being very cautious. SO which injector should I get?

I made some phone calls and the 175/146 single shots fit my needs. Now, some other people were saying small Hybrids are they way to go and even stage 1's. What the heck is a stage injector? But it seems that hybrids are for big HP gains. I dont want that. I know its all in the tuning but the way I see it is, if Im gonna spend a lot of money on something Im gonna want to use its full potential. I know the 175/146 injectors have potential but not as much as the Hybrids.Guys, help me out. PLEASE......
Power Hungry Perfomance Custom Tuned 6 Pos chip
Suncoast tranny
4 Inch Turbo Back Straight
Air Dog 150
Wicked Wheel
Fluidampr
ComingSoon:Rods,Injectors
Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

I understand your frustration.
I'm laying out the path to upgrade my injectors early next year and I am doing the research. My '97 is a forged engine, but I too want to concentrate on towing and manageable egts.
I am going to talk to Swamps and Beans when the time comes. I know that both of them will point me in the right direction, sorta looking at AC code injectors right now.
Stage just means a performance level, 1 is frst step, two is more, 3 is much more, etc.
Ask around, concentrate on meeting your needs not someone elses.
You'll be fine.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

This is a good question and one that really doesn't get addressed very often.

I will be putting together a full article on the basic differences between injectors and how they vary from company to company.

Stay tuned...

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hit n Miss

Peroni is on a distinguished road

From the RDS website

Stock = ~98cc

Stage 1 = 160cc and stock nozzle

Stage 2 = 160cc and larger nozzle

Stage 3 = 230cc and nozzles 100% over stock

If all you want is a little get up n go with no plans for more powah down the road just get a single shot stage 1 injector. That's all I got and with my rig I tow a 22.5K trailer with no real issues.
the 1997 F-350 XLT 7.3L PSD 4x4 CC LB BTS E40D Manual Hubs 4.10 36000 miles when purchased 4/1/06. Mods - ISSPRO Performax gauges, Tymar intake, Tymar 3x4 DP to 4" ss exhaust, electric fuel, CCV mod, tru-cool 4739, Swamps 175/30% injectors, stage I Stealth pump, D66 turbo Spearco 6.0 cac, BDP live tuned tuned 442hp/860tq.
Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroni View Post
From the RDS website

Stock = ~98cc

Stage 1 = 160cc and stock nozzle

Stage 2 = 160cc and larger nozzle

Stage 3 = 230cc and nozzles 100% over stock

If all you want is a little get up n go with no plans for more powah down the road just get a single shot stage 1 injector. That's all I got and with my rig I tow a 22.5K trailer with no real issues.
Where I think some of the problem is that some may call 160cc/30% nozzle injectors Stage 2 and others may call 175cc/30% larger nozzle injectors Stage 2.

Then you get into Hybrids, Mini-Me's, 530's, and all that other fun stuff.

Just to let folks know, I will be talking to the following:

Rosewood
Swamps
Casserly/Beans
Dynomite

I want to get final specs on each of their injectors. It's late and I'm tired (running on 3 hours of sleep). If there's anyone I'm missing, let me know.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

Bill for what it is worth an article on the injectors for those of us trying to learn would be very much appreciated, by me for sure.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Wed, August 19th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Double Whopper

Location: Bornin Queens NY,moved to Napanoch NY,now in Maple Hill NC because of the military.

I second that Bill. Its hard finding info when people are so biased towards a single product. I have had a bunch of replies and PMs saying I should go with this one and not that one. Its aggrivating. And when I ask WHY, all they say is oh they are so much better. Seriously!!! How many different ways are there to build an injector??? Why is one injector better than the other???? What is this mystery all about???? And why cant some people understand that not everyone want HUGE HP..... I happy with what I got!!! All I want a a bit more than stock....But safely!!! Well I got that out of my system, much better....I think I might just go get a Cummins!!!!

JK......
Suncoast tranny
Air Dog 150
Wicked Wheel
Fluidampr
Old Thu, August 20th, 2009, 02:17 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

you should be able to see some MPG improvements with the right injector/tune combo too... hopefully Bill can speak to this in his upcoming injector article
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, August 20th, 2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadash View Post
I think I might just go get a Cummins!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My bleeding ears!

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, August 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My bleeding ears!

I know.....I just couldnt do it!!I would catch so much crap if I did that!! Especially after all I have done to my truck.....NEVER!!!!
Suncoast tranny
Air Dog 150
Wicked Wheel
Fluidampr