Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Whopper

sblue is on a distinguished road
Default Order form filled out. 1 question?

Ok, so I got my order form filled out and am almost ready to fax it on over. pumped!
I plan on running the level 2 87 canned tow option until I recieve my 87 custom tune. My question is am I good out of the box with this option or do I need to advance timing or anything to run 87? I'm assuming from another post 87 octane is what comes stock and I don't need to no anything? (not to savvy on timing) I want my set up as simple as possible so I'm hoping it's just open the box plug/download and be done. I'm driving a pretty much stock set up with the addition of a flowmaster muffler so I don't need to change for gears or larger tires intake etc.

man "o" man am I getting excited!
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblue View Post
Ok, so I got my order form filled out and am almost ready to fax it on over. pumped!
I plan on running the level 2 87 canned tow option until I recieve my 87 custom tune. My question is am I good out of the box with this option or do I need to advance timing or anything to run 87? I'm assuming from another post 87 octane is what comes stock and I don't need to no anything? (not to savvy on timing) I want my set up as simple as possible so I'm hoping it's just open the box plug/download and be done. I'm driving a pretty much stock set up with the addition of a flowmaster muffler so I don't need to change for gears or larger tires intake etc.

man "o" man am I getting excited!
Yes - you're correct and glad you're getting excited! The trucks are factory designed to burn 87 octane gas. If you leave the tune at stock or load ANY canned or custom tune, the timing will be set properly for 87 octane gas. I also simply used the 87 octane Tow tune for everything before I got my custom tunes. Now I have and 87 octane tune for towing and an 87 octane tune for when I'm not towing. I have NEVER loaded Level 3 into my truck at all.

When you load your tune, simply bypass the "Custom Options" choice and you'll be good to go!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Bacon King

cj3511 is on a distinguished road
Default Tunes

I'm running the canned 2 tow with adjustments for tire size and gear when my speedo was off. I would not adjust timing unless you runn 91 octane or better.

Jim

2002 5.4 SCREW XLT/FX4 Gryphon canned
MAC CAI Spin-Tech Cat back X-Pipe Dual In/Out Side Exit
Drawtite front hitch
Randy Ellis Light Bar w8" KC Driving Lights
265/75/16 Yokahama Geolander A/T-S
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
Whopper

Awesome stuff guy's!
I appreciate the help!
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't got my tunes yet to experience them but I ordered the custom 87 perf and custom 87 tow. Bill does max the economy in each tune he writes if requested. I just felt the 91 perf canned was good enough and there wasn't a good economical reason to order a custom for this octane.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Whopper

Order form is faxed out.
Can someone tell me how long it might take to recieve my programmer?
Don't mean to sound all anxious but I just can't help it.
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

I received mine in just a couple of days, but I just live one state over. But I think it says on their site to allow 7-10 days, But I would assume thats if they have them in stock and all. Just to warn you, time is fixing to start moving real slow now.
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblue View Post
Order form is faxed out.
Can someone tell me how long it might take to recieve my programmer?
Don't mean to sound all anxious but I just can't help it.
I may be able to get it out tomorrow; if not it should be shipped on Monday.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Whopper

Awesome, Thankyou Groovychick!!