Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

I hope it doesn't suck for me this time....they have my Gryphon on the way!!!!!
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

I've had good and bad luck with every carrier.

I work next door to the UPS dist. center in my town. When I have something being delivered to my house during the week that requires a signature, our driver comes by the office on his way back in and drops it off with me

USPS is usually pretty good, they damaged a computer one time that was coming to me, was a $3000 computer I snagged for $1200 on ebay, their policy for damaged goods, they keep it. Had $2000 worth of good parts in it so I had to eat the damaged shell or turn over my bargain to them.

DHL is the WORST!!!! Recently had something shipped DHL to me, was coming from Tennessee, passed through my town twice before they finally handed it over to the USPS for final delivery. I live maybe 6 hours from where it was shipped from, took 8 days to get here.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The first post of mine in this thread is being pretty nice to ups, fedex, and usps.
The ones that I have had the most problems with have been the freight haulers.
Ordered and got a 302 Ford Racing long block shipped to me once. Well it came damage! The shipping center where it transfered trucks and where the motor was loaded onto the delivery truck had accidently stabbed it with a forklift. They tried to cover the holes up with cardboard and tape!!! The forklift hit the aluminum block and punched a hole in it. Good thing I got the insurance on it. Without the insurance might have been tougher battle. Made $1500 on the damage and got a replacement.
I also had paid extra for unloading since at the house I didn't have anyway to get it out of the trailer. The driver shows up and tells me its tailgate only! I said "BS!". The driver showed me his paperwork and sure enough it wasn't on there. Went down the street and paid a construction guy to unload it with a boom lift. 6 months after everything was settled I got reimbursed for the extra I paid for the unloading.
When the next one came, it was like I was being waited on and it was a whole different attitude.
There also have been other cases where they deny damages until you complain enough and finally you talk to the right people.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, March 26th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

:snowflake:
Just my Luck, UPS now cancelled my delivery today due the the stupid snowstorm we r having here....
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
:snowflake:
Just my Luck, UPS now cancelled my delivery today due the the stupid snowstorm we r having here....
Heard from our friends in Denver today that a lot stuff is shut down out that way.

Sorry to hear about ups shutting down. :sadface:

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, March 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Finally got my Minotaur pkg today.. Hopefully the thunderstorms will pass and Corey can get back on the computer with my registration code
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Closed Thread