Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

Staying at home watching fireworks from afar. Too many idiots on the roads for the holidays.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 10:05 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road
Watching my oldest daughters swim meet. I'm in Canada and this (July 1st) is are day, Canada day. We just got back from one of the local lakes, picnic and tubing with one of the other swim club families.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Looks like we will be hanging out on the lake all day and grilling. The only bad thing is I just found out they decided not to have the fireworks show at the lake for some reason...so guess we wont get to watch it from the boat this year.
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
Stays crispy in milk

phatbak is on a distinguished road

We'll be at Hard Labor Creek all weekend. My wife hates camping, so we had to get one of the cottages

I miss shootin fireworks, when we were in Seattle, we'd get the good stuff from Muckleshoot (indian res.). The last 4th we had in WA, my buddies came over with a truckload of fireworks, it took 45 minutes to sweep up all the shredded paper and I had to help my neighbor hose down his 2nd story roof.

good times I tell 'ya
Custom 87 Performance, live-tuned by Bill @ PHP
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

it's my Birthday! Usually a huge block party,water fights and such,swimming,having a great time and lot of big booms! Hard for me to believe I made it another year.
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Totally groovy! Happy early birthday!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

NHRA6002- Happy belated Canada Day!
Here in Western NY, we have a celebration incorporating Canada Day and the Fourth. It's called the Friendship Festival and they have activities, concerts, and fireworks on both sides of the border from the 1st to the 4th. I'm several miles from the activities, but when they end them the fireworks show sound like continuous thunder for minutes.... When I lived south of the city, by the lake, you used to be able to go to the beach and watch the fireworks, they were very impressive.

Jack- Scottish are we? Me too, just a bit, MacIntosh clan. They're having a Scottish festival here in about a month and a half, and another one about a month after that up by Lake Ontario, really a good time. Bag pipes, bands, pole tossing competition, crafts, food, and Scottish/clan related items too. Really looking forward to it.

Since my programmer should be delivered tomorrow, I'll have to make some time to try our my new tunes.... so much for that quiet 4th I thought I was going to have; but I'd much rather give the throttle a little work out than sit home. Thundering exhaust always beats out thundering fireworks!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Jack- Scottish are we? Me too, just a bit, MacIntosh clan. They're having a Scottish festival here in about a month and a half, and another one about a month after that up by Lake Ontario, really a good time. Bag pipes, bands, pole tossing competition, crafts, food, and Scottish/clan related items too. Really looking forward to it.
I wondered about the "Braveheart" avatar. Yup, I do have a bit of Scottish blood. My last name is "Lyon", just like the Queen Mother's (my Father said we were related) and our Clan is Farquharson. I met Janet in our Scottish Country Dance group. If you look carefully, you can tell my avatar is a Celtic interlaced dog design.

Hope your programmer DOES arrive tomorrow, since Saturday is a holiday. It'd be hell to have to wait through the weekend!

- Jack
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Hey Jack, I kind of thought that was a celtic design, but was having a bit of difficulty making it out.
Yes, the Braveheart avatar is for a bit of my heritage, also a bit of my political views against what I feel is becoming a run amok government.

Our Scottish family name is Terrill (various spellings), which is part of the Mac Intosh clan as I mentioned earlier. My sister has researched much of our family, but has pretty much a dead end on the Scot side. My family goes way back in the U.S. mostly as Dutch traders in the early years; but there is also Mohawk (possibly Huron Indian), Polish, German, French, and Croatian all mixed in. A real Heinz 57.

As far as my tunes, they already arrived in Buffalo this morning, so they should be here.... But for some reason, even when things show up in Bflo the day before, they seem to arrive late in the PM at my door (I'm only about 10 miles from their terminal); even when the truck has been by my house at least once in the morning. I don't know how that works, but I'll be looking for it in the AM, if not I'll be chasing the truck down the street. My truck is just horribly lethargic on stock programming.

BTW..... Went to Mt. Lemon years ago. Was like a park back here, great views from there. I didn't realize they got snow there either... kind of neat.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Totally groovy! Happy early birthday!
Thank you!