Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sat, December 4th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road
Default Couple questions.

So now that I FINALLY got my truck back on the road I'm excited to start playing with the tuning and my AE. I went for a drive a couple nights ago with AE to see what's going on.

My first question is what is the max voltage that the PCM wants to see from the accelerator? I'm seeing like 3.8volts and I seem to recall seeing that WOT was supposed to be 5 volts. At what point is to much voltage where it will freak out the PCM and have it cut fuel?

I also noticed that Mass Fuel Desired only hit a max of of 80. Full load fuel should be 100 shouldn't it? I'm thinking if I'm not seeing full voltage from the throttle that may be why I'm not actually hitting full load fuel. Is my thought process correct here?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sat, December 4th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I cant say that I know exactly what you are talking about with everything, but I concur that your voltage should read right around 5V at full throttle. This is the "max" for any inputted voltage for the PCM for any sensor, including MAF and temp and everything! so since you arent getting the max voltage for throttle, its not inputting the max amount of fuel for full throttle. I am also betting that your truck is thinking that you are really weird for never using full throttle!
To fix it it could be a number of things that might need to be replaced. First I would check your actual sensor to see if it is outputting the right voltage, and if its not then replace it (bet you saw that advice coming ). If it is correct then I would try and check the wire to make sure its connected at both ends (might be tough to do, but a loose connection could be a the problem. If that all looks good you might want to see if you can get the computer to see 5V and to display that to you, either feed 5V into the wire, or see if the pedal works with the truck turned off.
Hope that helped, but just a precautionary for ya, I am not a mechanic, I just told you what I would do if I saw the same thing
Merry Christmas!
Old Sat, December 4th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Bacon King

Yeah I've already messed with the TPS in the past. Just didn't really have a good way to measure it like I do now with AE. The actual TPS will put the correct voltage out just the leve hits the stop before it gets there. I guess my truck laying down 740hp at 80% Mass fuel desired means she's got quite a bit more in it!
Old Sun, December 5th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Grown-up in training!

Haha I would imagine it would have quite the umph! wish my truck would make that kind of power...
Old Sun, December 5th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Bacon King

Yeah Bill set me up pretty good with tuning before and that number was with the help if a little spray. Have you done much tuning yourself?
Old Sun, December 5th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Grown-up in training!

None at all, just had Bill do some custom tunes for my little F-150. other than that ive been wanting to do the underdrive pulleys and E-fans, and I have an exhaust and the gotts mod, but other than that its a fairly stock truck...