Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, August 3rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Try it again. I did all 6 tunes this time (v2 files).
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road

I pulled up the the tunes and clicked refresh cal list. List looked the same so I loaded the tunes and clicked burn. First tune burned then said error tune not available contact power hungry or something like that :-). What am I missing cody?

Also cody im looking for a tune like the 80dd tune but with firmer shifts. It seems that if I hit the gas hard at 65 or 70 it want to shift out of over drive. Also have lots of mountain hills. Will the 100hp race tune do that? Or any race tune? I have heard of people using the race tunes as a Dd because I do alot of freeway driving and the race tunes get good fuel economy with freeway driving.

Ps she's driving and idling awesome.
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Cody? ? Lol said I had to use five characters :-)
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 07:03 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

What?

"Driving and idling awesome" is the last I heard.

Try it again.
Old Sun, August 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM

Did you read post 22 I will try loading the tunes again.
Old Sun, August 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowers777 View Post

Did you read post 22
Yes. A few times waiting for a response from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowers777
It seems that if I hit the gas hard at 65 or 70 it want to shift out of over drive. Also have lots of mountain hills. Will the 100hp race tune do that? Or any race tune? I have heard of people using the race tunes as a Dd because I do alot of freeway driving and the race tunes get good fuel economy with freeway driving.

Ps she's driving and idling awesome.
The 4-3 downshift at anything below 72-74 MPH is normal. That's the way the factory shift points are set up and those are the shift strategies that the daily driver tunes use.

The "race" tunes will do that too...and even more so in some cases because the downshifts are commanded at an even lower accelerator pedal position for a given road speed.

The "economy" is purely relative and subjective. Maybe, maybe not. Buying something for mileage is a sure way to never recoup the money invested.