Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road
Default no start truck.. NOT tuner related

Went out to start the truck for work this morning, no go. It was 28 this morning, not horrible. The odometer flashed to. Dashes and the theft light was flashing. I still have not reloaded the Gryphon yet, so I know that's not an issue. Tried my spare set of keys, unplugged the battery for 45 minutes, nothing worked. Had it towed to the dealership, will talk to them in the morning. I am a beaten dejected man. That's is all.
Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 10:44 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

>>> http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/emerg...ats-reset.html

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, December 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

It won't let me follow the link. Says I am not authorized user...
Old Mon, December 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
It won't let me follow the link. Says I am not authorized user...
Weird......here it is I copied it.....
From time to time, a programmer will trigger the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) on an Excursion, Lightning, Mustang, or other PATS equipped vehicles. This is caused by a loss of communication between the PCM and the PATS module which triggers the PATS module to go into "THEFT" mode and disable the PCM for a period of time. Some vehicles are more sensitive than others in regards to what triggers the PATS system with some vehicles triggering it during some sessions and not in others.

In the event that this does occur and the "THEFT" light is flashing, use the following procedure to restore vehicle functionality.

1. Turn the key to the "ON" position, but do not attempt to start the vehicle.
2. The "THEFT" light will begin flashing rapidly (twice a second). After about 60 seconds, the "THEFT" light will stop flashing rapidly and begin a sequence of slow flashes (usually 1 blink, followed by 6 blinks).
3. Turn the key to the "OFF" position and completely remove the key from the ignition and hold at least two feet away from the steering column for 30 seconds.
4. Insert the key and turn to the "ON" position. Wait for the normal engine checking procedure to take place. The "THEFT" light should no longer be flashing. At this point you should be able to start the vehicle.

If, after completing the above reset procedure, your vehicle still won’t start and the theft light is blinking rapidly, check to ensure that the PCM is not disabled by going to the Diagnostic Menu of your programmer and then checking for any DTCs.

If the PCM is not disabled, it should respond with a P1260 DTC (Theft Detected / Vehicle Immobilized) along with any other possible DTCs that may be stored. If this is the case, turn the key to the "OFF" position and remove the ground (-) battery cable (from both batteries if your vehicle is equipped with two) for a period of ONE HOUR to allow the theft codes to clear. Re-attach the cables and attempt to start the vehicle.

If the PCM is disabled and the programmer is not able to ready any DTCs or other data from the PCM, you may try restoring the vehicle back to the original stock calibration. If this still doesn't work, you'll need to contact your programmer vendor for further assistance in troubleshooting the reason for the no-start.

Old Mon, December 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Thanks 88. Turns out my PCM has lost all communication and is d.o.a. need a new PCM and set of keys. Goody. Merry Christmas to me. With a new pcm will that change my hex code and require a change to my custom tunes? Sorry if this is a rookie question. Its going to take a few days before I have my truck back anyway.
Old Mon, December 12th, 2011, 08:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It doesn't HAVE to change the hex code, but unless the dealership puts the same hardware back in, it probably will. As you probably know, Ford can install several different "hardware IDs" of PCMs in a model year truck. And, with different coding (the hex code is the ID of the software) they can all perform the same function.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, December 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
Thanks 88. Turns out my PCM has lost all communication and is d.o.a. need a new PCM and set of keys. Goody. Merry Christmas to me. With a new pcm will that change my hex code and require a change to my custom tunes? Sorry if this is a rookie question. Its going to take a few days before I have my truck back anyway.
It might.....they'll put in the latest strategy for your make model year motor......

Old Tue, December 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure how the hex code was linked to the pcm. Right now I wish it was a "dumb" truck without a brain At all. Would be easier to work on and cheaper, lol