Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Fri, February 20th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Double Whopper

CHARGED97 is on a distinguished road
Default SPARK PLUGS??

JUST WANT SOME FEED BACK ON 2 SPARK PLUGS ......RIGHT NOW IM RUNNING THE LIGHTNING PLUGS IN MY 97 5.4 PROCHARGED APPLICATION....ANY ONE HEARD OF BRISK SILVER RACING PLUGS(THEY HAVE OTHER PLUGS TOO)....THEY USE SILVER IN THE ELECTRODE AND CORE ...SHOWS SILVER IS THE BEST CONDUCTOR OF ELECTRICITY AND HEAT .........IM ALSO LOOKING AT THE E3 SPARK PLUG( THEY ARE COMING OUT WITH A FACTORY REPLACEMENT FOR THE LIGHTNING PLUG)..........IVE SEEN TESTS ON BOTH AND IT LOOKS GOOD BUT ANYTHING CAN BE MADE TO LOOK GOOD............ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREAT !!!!
Old Fri, February 20th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

Yes. If you do a search for Brisk plugs in this forum, you'll find a few testimonies I've written about them. They are great.
Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 02:04 AM
Double Whopper

Hey Grabber thanks for the info and thread link ......just a couple of questions ...how much boost are you running and what gap worked for you ?????....This will sound crazy but I ran the stock plugs for the first 15,000 miles and not a single problem and that was with the stock gap (.054).....then I changed plugs to the agsf12fm1(lightning plug) and had to reduce the gap because of blowout ....now its .035 ......weird huh ?????.....I even upgraded the coil packs (60,000 volt) thinking that was the problem....and I have a methanol injection kit that has been there the whole time......so anyways not real impressed with these plugs but they are not bad.....so Im looking for something better .....Thanks again for the input!!!
Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM

I'm running 8 lbs out of my Kenne Bell. On the full-strap plugs (Autolites, Motorcraft...) I had to squeeze them down to .025" to get them to fire. On the Brisk plugs I've been runing a .030" gap and they work great. I've heard of folks running the Autolites at a .032" gap with light boost, but that just never worked out for me, I went through a LOT of plugs trying to figure out the gap on those POS's...
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Double Whopper

Hey Grabber I think I am going to try the LGS Brisk spark plug.....I was trying to decide between that one and the silver racing plugs ....I guess Ill see how it goes.....let me know if there is something else Im not thinking of.......Thanks
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Let me know how they work...I'm usually pretty leery about crazy designs...those seem kinda hokey to me...I'll probably be sticking with the silver racing plugs for my ride...how do you set the gap on those LGS's anyways?
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Double Whopper

You dont gap them they are pregapped with the design .....the only reason I think they might be good is I watched an independent test that was trying to call BS on the plug ....the vehicle was a Mustang Cobra with stock coils and 14 lbs of boost and the dyno sheet showed a pretty good gain....they were impressed......so who knows!!
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Keep me informed!