Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Wed, June 3rd, 2009, 11:52 PM
Chris

buzzfx4 is on a distinguished road
Default Hey

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the site and its nice having a place in being able to talk to each other. I'm also new to the PHP family, just got my gryphon in the mail today and even with canned tunes its greats. I love how its pretty much taken away the gear hunting the stock truck has, cannot wait to get my custom tunes.

Also this might be a dumb question but being a new kid on the block I think I get one. I'm a bit confused about the best way to send in my HEX and Serial # to Bill so that he can get started with my custom tunes?

Thanks

Last edited by buzzfx4; Thu, June 4th, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 04:33 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forum!

Do you currently have an edge or used gryphon?
If no, don't worry about hex and sn that comes later after it comes to your house you read your invoice or back of unit for sn. Plug unit into truck to get your hex code.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Welcome! As far as getting your hex code, Bill explains how to retrieve it here in one of the forums; it's available through your programmer, if I recall correctly, via the diagnostic menu.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure your question was answered earlier, because you MAY have been asking something different than Lars or BlackSTX thought.

There are several ways to get the serial number and hex code to Bill. You can include them in a PM to Corey, and make sure the PM has your full name on it too (not your screenname), so she can record it properly. You can edit the details in your UserCP - fill in everything here. And, you can download and install Pegasus and then using Help->Registration, fill in all the details so that Pegasus can upload them to PHP's server. I'd actually do all three - nothing like a bit of overkill to make sure things really got done!

If your question was how to "get" the information in the first place, here's what I'd do: Turn your truck's ignition to ON, and then hit the [Menu] key on the Gryphon. Go to Diagnostics->Version Info and ignore the "warning message". When you press [Enter], you'll see your Model Number, Serial Number and Device Type. Press [Enter] again and you'll see your HEX code - a 7 character string followed by ".HEX". Just to confuse things, this is sometimes referred to as a "Calibration Code".

Hope this helped and didn't confuse you.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road

Welcome
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Chris

buzzfx4 is on a distinguished road

Jack

Thanks, you hit the nail right on the head. I wasn't sure if an email or PM would be better or anything else.

Everyone else, thanks for the try.
Closed Thread