Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline)

Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline) 5.4L & 6.8L equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, August 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

fifity is on a distinguished road
Default v10 motor info

Hey all,

My next toy, and well, I say next, but I have a year and a half before I can get it (funding my wife through nursing school right now) will be some sort of a lead sled, or business coupe...with a v10.
Why a v10, well it will be different. It comes mated to a six speed transmission that can hold the power, and all that will easily link up to a strong rear end with endless possible ratio's.

And as much as I love bills tunes, this one will get five sets of webbers (or if the missus gets a good paying job, I am going to go IRTB's and electromotive)

But back to reality. I am looking to lighten the rotating mass a bit and ket some high compression pistons (11:1, so not too high) and larger valves and bumpy sticks. I want it to be poppy, burpy, fire breathing and well...odd.

Any of you v10 guys have any leads on parts (cams, pistons, flywheels etc) that I can start researching on?

Thanks!
Old Mon, August 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Weber's........really?

EFI FTW!

What is it going in?
Old Mon, August 30th, 2010, 10:16 PM

well, I dont have anything right now. But I know where there is a 65 2dr galaxy, and an old f1 for sale...well would be for sale if I asked.

I wouldnt mind the F1, not so keen on the galaxy. I would really like an old 2dr business coupe.

I have 1 year and 7 months to plan this all out. I might even start building the motor next may...

I have to wait until the missus is out of nursing school as she is a full time student now...

If she graduates and gets a job right away, I am getting the business coupe. ($$$)

If not, then maybe something 60's...Less money, but still smog exempt.

As for the webers....well, yeah...cheaper than efi with individual throttle bodies. Loud, poppy...can be fun and will look pretty wild.

A few people have tried to talk me into doing some sort of a dual card set up and its just not wacky enough.

Heck, I even thought about getting a bmw 12 cylinder or a jag 12 to do this with, but I want a shifter that can handle the power and the v10 comes ready with a 6 speed!
Old Mon, August 30th, 2010, 10:55 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Ohhh, I see.

Carbs will be the easiest way to make it work.

Do they make manifolds for it yet?

How bout the ignition?
Old Tue, August 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM

As for manifolds, I have found nothing yet. I only checked pierce and twm though.

Ignition, I will be going electromotive, distributorless... That way I can custom wire and rid myself of anything that I do or do not want. Not to mention my own advance curves.

My original plan was to get a set of manifold gaskets from ford and fabricate my own, then do a set of tubes to link to a set of generic webber manifold plates...then weld them up, and ceramicoat them all pretty.

If I can find something prefabbed though, I may go with it. I did see a set of throttle bodies for audi straight fives....two sets of those and I would be good to go. Just need adapters...well and everything else to run them!

Again, cubic dollars...I have time...and no motor or car even...