Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM
Under Construction

Bax is on a distinguished road
Default Clarification on Forms used to Upgrade?

Hello everyone,

New Guy Here. Found your site on fordf150.com forums. Great find BTW. I'm not a registered member there yet. Found the site using google. I have been doing research on this site and your programmers. Hear nothing but great things . So here I am.

I have a few questions.

I filled out a request form to upgrade my Edge Evolution>Gryphon. The form I filled out does not look like the one listed on your site. Unless you have upgraded the form in the last week. I mailed this form to Corey after I signed it. I was interested in a little clarification on this? Is this the correct form? "Additional information on the form I filled out listed below."

I can fill out the updated form if instructed, and we can just scrap the old form that I have already filled out and sent in? The form I filled out didn't give me a Stock tow option for the first tune, nor did it have the bullets to chose options in the Custom Tuning Information at the very top like the one listed on your site . This is what was listed on the form under the Custom Tuning Information.

"Custom Tuning Information

This is an agreement between Today's Learning Connection, Inc., d/b/a Power Hungry Performance ("Power Hungry Performance") and the Customer whose signature and vehicle information appears below. All calibrations generated by Power Hungry Performance are supplied "as is" with no guarantee, either expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the mechanical condition of the drivetrain be considered before any attempt to increase the performance output of the vehicle. The Customer accepts responsibility for assessing the mechanical condition of the vehicle prior to and during the use of any Power Hungry Performance product(s). Power Hungry Performance will not be responsible for any damage arising from the use of any performance product(s) or calibration(s). BY SIGNING THIS AUTHORIZATION FORM ELECTRONICALLY OR BY HAND, YOU AGREE TO THE ABOVE NOTICE. YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO HOLD POWER HUNGRY PERFORMANCE, ITS AGENTS, OR DISTRIBUTORS FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT(S) OR VEHICLE. Signature
Our Gryphon programmer will ship to you with three stock calibrations -- Level One is a transmission only file, Level Two is an 87 octane tow file, and Level Three is a 93 octane performance file. If you have a CAI or a full dual exhaust, you will need custom calibrations. Our performance calibrations use modified timing and fuel tables, as well as aggressive shift strategies, which should increase your fuel economy and improve your overall driving experience; most customers use a performance tune as their daily driver. Our tow calibrations are designed specifically with extra bottom end torque for pulling loads above 2,500 lbs.You may purchase up to three custom calibrations at a discounted price when you purchase your Gryphon. Please know that if you plan on making modifications at a later date, you have up to one year to request all of your custom calibrations. Let us know what you would like on each level; we have set the defaults to the Gryphon's stock files. If you plan to request your purchased custom calibrations at a later date, please indicate that in one or more of the Calibration boxes below. E85 calibrations are only offered to those customers with Flex Fuel vehicles."

Then It just had the 3 tune selections listed below that, and an option to buy a port cap. Where as the other form on your site had more options, and bullet selections.

As you can see there are no bullets to chose from or additional options for the custom tunes. Example: First Tune = A stock/coustom tow. Stock tow could only be selected under the second tune.

This is what I would like. Which is on the upgrade form on your website.

Tune 1:87 Stock tranny
Tune 2: 87 Coustom Performance
Tune 3: 93 stock Performance

I was wondering if I had the right form? If I do not, please disregard the first form I emailed Corey, and send me a new link to the correct form please. To the listed email address in my profile.

If Corey needs any further information from me, or any other members of the PHP crew just send me an email. I'm all ears.

Sorry about the long post. I'm just trying to be as informative as possible.

Have a Great New Year!
Thank you for your time in this matter,

Jason

P.S. I have not sent the Edge Evo in yet. I wanted to get confirmation from the PHP staff first. My bank card number is on the first form. That is my main concern over this form thing. Plus getting everything right with you guys and gals the first time. I like things to be smooth as possible on both ends.

Last edited by Bax; Fri, January 22nd, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

The order form you filled out HAS been updated, as a matter of fact. The new form doesn't ask you for your credit card info, which is how I know.

Other than that, the form is exactly the same -- it's just that instead of picking an octane level and the type of tune you want, I put them both together in the drop down list, which is how it's laid out on the Gryphon order form.. All of the choices are the same.

I have your order form, Jason. My only question is: What exactly do you want for Levels 2 and 3? It is either stock, or it's custom. If you can clarify that for me, that would be great, and you can send your Evo to us at any time.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 03:41 PM
Under Construction

Thank you for the reply.

Tune to below specs please.

1. 87 Stock tranny
2. 87 Custom Performance
3. 91 Stock Performance

Edit: If that's not availible in that order just set me straight on the whole thing. That was just going by your new form.

I might buy the 87 custom tow and 93 Custom Performance at a later date.

Also, when will my card be charged? Before or after I recieve my tune. Will they be seperate, gryphon flash charge. Then tune charge when it's complete?

Thank you for your time,
Jason

One more Edit: Should I print a copy of the form and put it in the packaging box, or just go on what I have already sent you. I would rather not put that info in the box considering the nature of the information. Better yet, I'll just send you the Edge Evo. No form. If you don't mind?

Also one more edit: LOL....Could I keep my original housing mount, it matches my interior? Nevermind on this part..The actual housing is not changed to black, just the face plate on the Edge evo is changed black and I love that look. So disregard this part. My bad.

OK I'm finished, I hope.

Last edited by Bax; Fri, January 22nd, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
Thank you for the reply.

Tune to below specs please.

1. 87 Stock towing
2. 87 Custom Performance
3. 93 Stock Performance

Edit: If that's not availible in that order just set me straight on the whole thing. That was just going by your new form.

I might buy the 87 custom tow and 93 Custom Performance at a later date.

Also, when will my card be charged? Before or after I recieve my tune. Will they be seperate, gryphon flash charge. Then tune charge when it's complete?

Thank you for your time,
Jason

One more Edit: Should I print a copy of the form and put it in the packaging box, or just go on what I have already sent you. I would rather not put that info in the box considering the nature of the information. Better yet, I'll just send you the Edge Evo. No form. If you don't mind?

Also one more edit: LOL....Could I keep my original housing mount, it matches my interior? Nevermind on this part..The actual housing is not changed to black, just the face plate on the Edge evo is changed black and I love that look. So disregard this part. My bad.

OK I'm finished, I hope.
Jason, I think I can answer all this and save Corey some time.

You can actually have your custom tune put in at ANY level, leaving the other two at "stock", which is the "canned" Gryphon tune actually, we normally call the Ford factory tune the "stock" tune. (Corey, you MAY want to reword your form?)

And, I'm pretty sure there's no real difficulty in moving the "canned" tunes to other levels as you are wanting.

And yes, you can get an additional tune later. That's exactly what I did. I got a custom tow tune first, in Level 2, when I converted, then later, I got an 87 Economy tune (which I had installed in Level 1).

I'm CERTAIN you're going to get just one charge, for both the conversion and the tune upload. Bill does both BEFORE they send the unit back to you. Exactly when this charge happens, I don't know, but I suspect it may happen shortly after they receive your unit.

If they already have your upgrade form, there's no need to include it with the unit. I would send it insured for $400.00 and with package tracking though! You CAN include ANY additional information you'd like with the unit though, such as a "narrative" on what you are looking for in the tune, your driving style, etc. Bill has to "get into your mind" to write your tune, and the more you can tell him, the better. This is what I did when I "converted".

Keep your mount. And, if you have one of the newer units, you don't have to send the cable either. (I would though - it doesn't do you any good until you get your Gryphon back and maybe Bill can run some checks on it to make sure it's ok).

Now, I hope I've saved Corey a bit of typing.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Under Construction

Hi,

I'm sending the Edge off tomorrow via UPS. I always insure my stuff as you mentioned. UPS insures the first 100 dollars. You just add a dollar for each additional 100 dollars the product is worth. So I will have a 3 dollar overage fee on the shipping cost. I also would like a signature drop so I know that they recieved it.

I was aware of the stock meaning "canned" I was just wanting the tunes in a certain order. I'm anal like that.

I might not even get the 93 custom performance tune in the long run. I might get the fuel economy tune like you have in the (1) slot later on. I tow nothing really. If I pick up a boat or something, i'll add the custom tow tune in the (3) slot.

I don't see myself buying 93 octane gas anytime soon at these prices. I would definatly like to feel that power at one point though. I have heard great things about the 87 performance tune working out great for people. So I'll just get that tune for now.

You never know I might buy all 4 and just swap them around.

I just installed a DynatechSUPERMAXX header kit with long tube headers/highflow cats. Tied into a flowmaster 40 welded into stock pipe. I saw no need to upgrade the pipe at this time. It's 2.5" with a crome tip and clean bends in it. So I just welded a flomaster 40 in for now.

Even though Amazon.com is selling a sweet Magnaflow cat-back with duel pipes out the back for like 370 dollars shipped. I would go with the single 3" behind the tire if I had my choice . At that price though....I'm half tempted to buy it. Not sure if I can post a link or not. Here's the kit.

Amazon.com: MagnaFlow 16615 Stainless Steel Dual Cat-Back Exhaust System: Automotive

I have an 08' Supercab XLT/4x4/5.4l ...K&N CAI...with the exhaust mods I mentioned. I havn't even drove it since I put in the dynatech kit. I'm to afraid of running lean.

Thank you for taking your time to respond.

If you guys need anymore info from me, feel free to ask.

Jason