Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Default volts to temp. ?

We data logged the truck and it was showing .7-.73 volts for tranny temp. Truck will not shift into OD till (according to my guage) 175 degrees.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Ford-PowerStroke 7.3L-1997-June 05 2010.xls (86.0 KB, 7 views)
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Tue, June 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Can you log trans temp voltage and trans temp temp? You could just compare the two to figure out what it means. What was the outside temp before you drove? It looked like you had the engine running for over 7 minutes meaning the transmission should have gotten at least halfway warmed up. Is the 175˚ limit new? I dont think my dad's PSD has ever had any trouble shifting.
Old Tue, June 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

From the data you put there, Chuck, it's been in 4th gear.

SS1 / SS2

1 / 0.....1st
1 / 1.....2nd
0 / 1.....3rd
0 / 0.....4th

SS3 is for the coast clutch.

I see a transition from 4, 3, 2, 1 and then back up again. It seems to be shifting properly. However, the TCC should ALWAYS engage during 4th gear....once the transmission is warm.
Old Tue, June 8th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

Longshot, with the AE on the OBS it only measures in volts. Cody thats the problem, even when it shows 0/0 most of the time its not in shifting into OD. I am gonna order solinoid pack next Monday and see if that works.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Wed, June 9th, 2010, 01:00 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

There was no RPM in the datalog.

Now I understand.
Old Wed, June 9th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

How would that have mattered when I didn't open that part up in AE? Did I miss something?
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Wed, June 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

No problem, I just would have noticed that there was no RPM change during the 3-4 upshift.

Yeah, you have some mechanical issues somewhere.