Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Wanna go fast

fordkindaguy is on a distinguished road
Question TROYER underdrive pulleys

Hi, was just wondering if anyone has used the troyer perf. underdrive pulleys and had any luck with them? they claim around 13hp with a custom tune was curious if anyone had feed back on them as i cant find many reviews. Also i have yet to recieve my custom tunes, if i got it would it matter if i put it on after i got my custom tunes in? I dont know if i can make a custom tune with the programmer on top of the custom tune from bill to change the idle speed? thanks everyone for any word!
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordkindaguy View Post
Hi, was just wondering if anyone has used the troyer perf. underdrive pulleys and had any luck with them? they claim around 13hp with a custom tune was curious if anyone had feed back on them as i cant find many reviews. Also i have yet to recieve my custom tunes, if i got it would it matter if i put it on after i got my custom tunes in? I dont know if i can make a custom tune with the programmer on top of the custom tune from bill to change the idle speed? thanks everyone for any word!
I've heard good things about u-drive pulleys from Troyer. I think you would be getting a quality product. And, the HP claims seem reasonable to me considering how they work.

You can simply go into the "Custom Options" menu and raise your idle speed once you have your custom tunes. You're not really putting a custom tune on top of another one here, just making a small adjustment to one of the parameters.

You can install the pulleys before or after getting the tunes, makes no difference.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 11:35 AM
Wanna go fast

Ok awesome! i know that i need to change the belt soon due to all the chirping haha, is there a big difference between the TROYER and BBK? the bbk is a bit cheaper and i can get free shipping too!
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Bacon King

RobbyMartin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordkindaguy View Post
Ok awesome! i know that i need to change the belt soon due to all the chirping haha, is there a big difference between the TROYER and BBK? the bbk is a bit cheaper and i can get free shipping too!
Let me know if anyone has an opinion on other brands of u-drive pulleys. I know Summit offers a few different brands that are comparable in price to BBK.
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 01:53 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Fair warning to all interested in udp.

Watch out who you deal with and what product descriptions you are reading! Unless you like customer service people and want to be on a first and last name basis with them.

Troyer may be a bit more $$$ but his r+d into the pullies really pays off! Especially when you are half way through the install and figure out that you have the wrong kit or better yet belt.

So my vote is for troyer udp.

Haven't heard anything about the BBK's?

Just some thoughts!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Wanna go fast

Hey lars thanks for the advice i think i'm gonna hold off for now. Between the part, shipping, and install it seems like it would make more sense to just wait for my gryphon's custom tunes
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks from me too Lars. Those were my thoughts about Troyer, but I thought it better to hear from someone who had experience with the product.

Didn't someone on this forum mount pulleys from Summit? I seem to remember a thread about this with positive results, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

- Jack
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Here's the link for Dixie Design's experience with summit.
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...searchid=16173

This is why I warn of good product description and also do the mod when part stores are open!

There is also a guy that has some 4.6 ones for sale maybe? Don't remember the user name but it maybe in the link.

Lars

Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM
PHP Groupie

That link didn't work, Lars. I suspect this is the one you meant: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...ghlight=summit

- Jack
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
That link didn't work, Lars. I suspect this is the one you meant: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...ghlight=summit

- Jack
Thanx Jack!

The other thing that bothers me in that my constantly growing knowledge of mods and tuning, is that some to most of the advertising out there for these types of products is at WOT!(wide open throttle)

I am not bashing anyone particular vender!
I just thought to suggest this because how many of us have been mislead by not particularly false advertising but the lack information given to us when we are deciding that we need more POWER!

Like the udp.
13 hp at wot hmmmm=maybe 2-4 hp in daily driver real world mode.
The ideal hp can be acheived racing down the track but let's get real. How many of us get to do this?

Ok off the soap box.

So when you looking at mods multiply the hp by .25 and that maybe the more realistic number you are going to get for your daily driver.

Lars