Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, October 21st, 2010, 11:09 PM
Whopper

tuckman is on a distinguished road
Default My Excursions strategy, what do you know about it?

I am wondering if there is anybody out there that knows much about my Excursion's strategy, VXDB1MZ.
Old Fri, October 22nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I don't much about the particulars of the strategy, but it was in my 05 Ex and I did not care for it. Mushy soft shifting, poor mileage and not much power.

I changed to a 04 F350 ECM(TBS5) and wow what a difference. The only thing the Ex didn’t like was the lack of PATS communication, so the theft light flashes for a few minutes after each start. But I don't care, to me it runs and shifts so much better.

Perhaps Bill will see this and tell you if you have a odd ball program. My Ex with that program did not like FICM tuning. For what ever that’s worth. Its should be the equivalent of the VXCF7 the 05-07 trucks had with the flash that came after the IH flash. Do your injectors ramp up for start up(start buzzing slowly then start to speed up)?

What year is your EX 04 or 05?
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Sat, October 23rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Whopper

tuckman is on a distinguished road

Sorry mine is an 05 with a Feb 05 build date.

I do agree that it is a pretty soft strategy with poor mileage, 14.5mpg (hand calc) and just an overall slow truck. With custom tuning (SCT) and a 58volt Swamps ficm it really woke up! I am going to put it back to stock for 100 miles and see how the 58v with tuning from Bill behaves (so far it is doing great with cold starts...better than ever!!!).
My injectors do not ramp up for start...at least I haven't noticed, I will listen a little harder tonight.

Is there any good Ex strategies out that will communicate with PATS? I know I test drove an 04 and all of her fuel receipts had mileage (a years worth) on them and she was constantly over 20mpg.
Edge Insight
EGR Delete
6.4 banjo bolts
Ford fuel pressure spring kit