Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Digital camera recommendations....

To start, I already have a Nikon Coolpix4600. It's old and slow. Heck, I bought it in late '04. It will record movies, but it has no sound capability. Why any company would make a digital camera that can shoot movies but not have sound is beyond me. Anyway....

I'm in the market for a decent digital camera. A DSLR would be nice, but for what I do with it and where it would go (the shop is not so friendly for electronic devices), a simple P&S would be fine with me. Besides, I'm not made of money, so it has to be affordable. I got a free Sony something or other about 2 years ago...great little camera with wonderful sound recording to go with the movies, but I gave it to the ex before I knew she was going to be an ex.

Here are a couple must-haves:

Something that takes AA batteries.
Something that takes a normal SD card.
Movies with sound.
Macro setting.

Any advice or personal experience would be appreciated.
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

The Cannon PowerShot SX110 IS is one of the best cameras I've ever used. It has many settings that can be found on the DSLRs but is still a PAS. I got mine over 4 years ago for $220. Now you can get even better versions for less.
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'm really pleased with my Canon Ti1. Now they offer the Ti2 and Ti3 , but I think the Ti1 is still available. It's probably more expensive than you want, but it takes beautiful pictures and movies (with sound). The battery is a Canon battery, but it has about a 500 picture charge capacity and I bought two additional ones that were not Canon branded for around $10.00 each? I got my camera at Costco and it came with an 18-55mm and 55-250mm lens pair. I've got a 16Gb SD card in it which gives me over 2300 still pictures capacity at the highest jpeg setting.

At the moment, I think Canon is really leading in photographic equipment. I'm sure the one Colby recommended is a good bet too.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I'm really pleased with my Canon Ti1. Now they offer the Ti2 and Ti3 , but I think the Ti1 is still available. It's probably more expensive than you want, but it takes beautiful pictures and movies (with sound). The battery is a Canon battery, but it has about a 500 picture charge capacity and I bought two additional ones that were not Canon branded for around $10.00 each? I got my camera at Costco and it came with an 18-55mm and 55-250mm lens pair. I've got a 16Gb SD card in it which gives me over 2300 still pictures capacity at the highest jpeg setting.

At the moment, I think Canon is really leading in photographic equipment. I'm sure the one Colby recommended is a good bet too.

- Jack
My friend has that camera. It's a very nice unit. But it is a bit much for what I would ever need.

What ever happened to these things? 110 film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Forum Predator

I almost got the PAS one like Jack's but after the battery issues I had with my Cannon Digital Elph I went with something that could use AA batteries.
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Yeah, I'm partial to AA batteries myself.
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
My friend has that camera. It's a very nice unit. But it is a bit much for what I would ever need.

What ever happened to these things? 110 film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I still have some old sets of 110 film but I never found a place to develop them.
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 01:12 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Forget 110....

What about this? Disc film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Forget 110....

What about this? Disc film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Those are older than I am by nearly a decade.
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's funny, for a company that produced such good film (Kodachrome - the gold standard), they really also introduced some funky products. Some of their cameras look like they were aimed at toy stores for children.

- Jack