Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sun, October 23rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Whopper Junior

Blue Goose is on a distinguished road
Default Explanation please

I have an 06 Powerstroke and I never keep anything stock so can someone explain what is a ficm, what are "strategies", what is a gryphon, etc, etc.... I am just a country boy, never seen nor heard of these things before so what are they and what can they do for ya. Thanks!!
Old Sun, October 23rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
I have an 06 Powerstroke and I never keep anything stock so can someone explain what is a ficm, what are "strategies", what is a gryphon, etc, etc.... I am just a country boy, never seen nor heard of these things before so what are they and what can they do for ya. Thanks!!
FICM=Fuel Injection Control Module, for many of the acronyms, if you go back to your post after you make it you'll notice that the letters turn purple. If you hold your mouse pointer over it the full phrase appears below. This is correct most of the time. The forum will automatically recognize it, just make sure you know between things like an aerial representation of roads and manifold absolute pressure (map).

The "strategies" are just like the dictionary definition just being applied to the context surrounding it, just like a strategy in a game is how you are going to make your move. A strategy in this case is how the computer's program instructs the mechanical part of the truck. A fuel strategy will deal with how much fuel is used under certain conditions based on fuel pressures, injector sizes, etc. A shift strategy is how the transmission behaves under certain conditions.

The gryphon is the programmer that you buy.
Read this link here for the gryphon CS and CTS information. It is a very powerful tool that IMO everyone should have for the usefulness. Checks and clears trouble codes, gauge display, performance programming and much more.
Old Sun, October 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Nice explanation, Longshot! There's hope for your generation after all!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, October 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Nice explanation, Longshot! There's hope for your generation after all!

- Jack
Uh oh
Old Wed, October 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Whopper Junior

Blue Goose is on a distinguished road

Thanks!