Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Old Sat, November 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Whopper

zelly is on a distinguished road
Default Truck turn s off ?

Hello just got my new hydra in the mail did the step by step instruction. Now, when I start the truck and switch it into a position from 00 it shuts off? I have to turn the ignition off switch it on again and put it to 00 for it to start. Anybody have similar issues? Maybe I didn't clean off all the silicone? Any help would be much appreciate.
Old Sat, November 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Whopper

I did alittle more research and thinking that I didn't clean the PCM enough. I will use some nail polish remover to help out. Hope that works.
Old Sat, November 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Whopper

Austin is on a distinguished road

Can't help about the hydra. But when I initially got my phoenix I thought I had cleaned the PCM connector pretty good, and the truck wouldn't start. Ended up buying a brass brush to clean it up, and it's been working good.
Old Sun, November 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Whopper

Clap

Thanks Austin . Ya I took the PCM out again and used some of the GF's nail polish remover and scratched the rest off with my finger nail. Everything is 100% that thing is a beast now, Iam afraid to put to the floor in 100 performance LOL. Lots of horse power. Lots of options to choose through. The Hydra is a winner for the price and options. A+. Really happy

About the suggested alternative calibrations in the HydraFlash program. The hex code I have(TNAA5S8) provides the chip with about 5 calibrations and the suggested alternate calibration code (TNAA4S2) provides the chip with almost 20 calibrations.

Does that mean I could use any calibration in the TNAA_S_ / TNAA family of codes?

Thanks
Old Sun, November 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Whopper

Austin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelly View Post
Thanks Austin . Ya I took the PCM out again and used some of the GF's nail polish remover and scratched the rest off with my finger nail. Everything is 100% that thing is a beast now, Iam afraid to put to the floor in 100 performance LOL. Lots of horse power. Lots of options to choose through. The Hydra is a winner for the price and options. A+. Really happy

About the suggested alternative calibrations in the HydraFlash program. The hex code I have(TNAA5S8) provides the chip with about 5 calibrations and the suggested alternate calibration code (TNAA4S2) provides the chip with almost 20 calibrations.

Does that mean I could use any calibration in the TNAA_S_ / TNAA family of codes?

Thanks
I feel the same way, especially with PMRs. Sometimes I just can't resist the urge. I can't help about which calibrations you can use, but I'm sure someone else here can give you the answer.
Old Sun, November 11th, 2012, 10:25 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelly View Post

Thanks
No. Do not mix and match hex codes or you'll end up with a stalling/stumbling problem between the mismatched calibrations. If you run one hex code, stick with it on all positions.