Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline)

Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline) 5.4L & 6.8L equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Built Ford Tough

phideaux is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with programmer

I have not received my custom tunes yet, but decided to try and set up my truck on the tow tune. Everything seems to work till it gets to the end and is doing a checksum?? Then I get a error message F1, This vehicals calibration is not yet supported. Any ideas? I also tryed to add my HEX to my user CP. I can not enter it all which has me wondering. My hex is MMAHONTONT..H Does that look legit?? Thats what it gives me.
Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 10:03 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
I have not received my custom tunes yet, but decided to try and set up my truck on the tow tune. Everything seems to work till it gets to the end and is doing a checksum?? Then I get a error message F1, This vehicals calibration is not yet supported. Any ideas? I also tryed to add my HEX to my user CP. I can not enter it all which has me wondering. My hex is MMAHONTONT..H Does that look legit?? Thats what it gives me.
No, that HEX doesn't look right at all. Mine looks like this: "RXCM5E4.HEX" and the UserCP input window wants only the characters BEFORE the decimal. I'm certain there should be exactly seven of them. You get the HEX code, also known as Calibration Code, by going to Diagnostics->Version Info on the Gryphon. Ignore the "warning message".

The F1 error you're getting usually comes from trying to use Custom Options. The procedure for that, when it happens, is to unplug the Gryphon, turn the ignition key on, plug the Gryphon back in and wait 15 seconds before doing anything else.

Since this is the first time you are trying to program to a "Performance Level", skip the "Custom Options" menu completely. This allows the Gryphon to construct base files it needs for future work.

Let me know if this helps or not. We may have to bring Bill into it (but I hope not).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Built Ford Tough

Thanks for the reply. That HEX is what shows up when you first power up the programmer, or go into the diagnostics menu. Also I tryed the trick you told me about unpluging the programmer, it didn't work for me. Iv'e had this thing since march 6. Very frustrated that my emails and phone calls havent been answered over the last months.
Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. That HEX is what shows up when you first power up the programmer, or go into the diagnostics menu. Also I tryed the trick you told me about unpluging the programmer, it didn't work for me. Iv'e had this thing since march 6. Very frustrated that my emails and phone calls havent been answered over the last months.
Let me try to attract their attention another way. That's a really weird HEX!

- Jack
Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey John, Bill says to try this:
  1. Leave the key in the ON position.
  2. Disconnect the OBDII cable.
  3. Plug it back in.

Let us know what happens.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, May 17th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Built Ford Tough

Ok, Bill's trick about unplugging the cable wih the key on worked. After it came back up it displayed the HEX= MMAHONT.HEX. Thats sounds more like it from what Jack told me. It went all the way through and loaded the tow tune.. I am going to put my HEX in my userCP also. Now I just need my custom tunes and Im good to go. Corey I have sent several emails about a extra programmer kit that was sent to me over a month ago. Its for a 2004-2008 F-150. I guess there is a mix up on that, but I need to know how you want to go about getting it back.E-mail me or call me and we will figure it out. Thanks Jack for your help, and thanks Bill and Corey.
Old Sun, May 17th, 2009, 10:39 PM
PHP Groupie

That sounds more like it to me too, especially the part where the tune actually loaded! So, another small approach to put in my file of "fixes"!

Glad you're back in business!

- Jack
Old Mon, May 18th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ok, Bill's trick about unplugging the cable wih the key on worked. After it came back up it displayed the HEX= MMAHONT.HEX. Thats sounds more like it from what Jack told me. It went all the way through and loaded the tow tune.. I am going to put my HEX in my userCP also. Now I just need my custom tunes and Im good to go. Corey I have sent several emails about a extra programmer kit that was sent to me over a month ago. Its for a 2004-2008 F-150. I guess there is a mix up on that, but I need to know how you want to go about getting it back.E-mail me or call me and we will figure it out. Thanks Jack for your help, and thanks Bill and Corey.
Between the 5-day migraine (I even went to the doctor for a shot of Demerol for it!) and 11 days of being in bed with food poisoning, I'm way behind on e-mails. I e-mailed you a UPS label today for the first programmer.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019