Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 08:45 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
HELP!

In early summer of 2011 I purchased an Edge Tuner for my 2007 Ford FX4. I was not informed that their product would not perform on my truck with the modifications made to my vehicle (cold air box & magna flow exhaust.) The program in the Edge programmer would put my truck in the limp home mode. I immediately contacted PHP and told them of the problem I had encountered & sent the programmer to them to be recalibrated. When I got the tuner back I was still experiencing the same problems as before. Since November of 2011 I have spoken with PHP on the phone several times giving additional information and as of yet (1/24/12) still no results. I have given my cell phone number and e-mail address on various occasions and still no response. I have over $500.00 invested in a useless programmer that is no more than a monitor.

We have been unable to contact PHP by phone on various occasions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sid Davis
Greenback, TN

I don't have any listing for "Sid Davis" (or any variants of the name) in the customer calibrations folder. If you sent your programmer in to be converted to a Gryphon but did not order custom tuning, then yes, you will have the same exact problem with our programmer that you did while it was an Edge unit.

Additionally, while I may have overlooked it, I do not see an order form with your name for ordering custom tunes. I don't get some of the order forms because all I do is write calibrations remotely from my home on the range, but as it stands, I don't have one with your name on it for custom tuning.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Fri, January 27th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapo View Post
I too have been trying to get a hold of help. Paid for some tunes, there was a problem, and now for the last 3 months I have not been able to get help and still have no tunes. This company has issues..... They may think that they have more customers than they can serve so they don't care, but taking money without delivering is more than just bad business... there is laws against that, and at some point poor customer service turns into fraud. I hope that is not the case for me, but I am past the time frame that I can get my credit card company to chase my money back, so I have to hope that eventually I get my tunes. Until then I have had no replies on phone, email, fax or any other method, all I can do is forum vent.

The files have been done since 10/18/11 and they have been compiled for your programmer (Bill has to handle that part) since the 21st of that month.

I am not sure what the issue was. Was it that your programmer needed "updating" before he could put the files on Fusion? If that's the case, all I need to do is remind Bill to upload them. You should probably "update" again beforehand so we don't run into this issue again.

Be aware that if you EVER connect to Fusion again after downloading your custom files, you WILL lose the custom files and we'll be right back where we are now.
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.leonard View Post
Yeah man I am having the same problem. I have been trying since mid November. They almost NEVER answer their phones. And if they do the person you need is taking the day off. Ive emailed Bill 3 or 4 times and hes never responded. I emailed Cody I believe seeking help and he redirected me to Bill. Ive tried the live chat thing. Some people have jobs for a living and its hard to contact a company when they only open for 6 hours a day. I'm getting to the point were I am going to take my business elsewhere, not because the product (I love the Gryphon) but because their support is non existent. All I need done is have the damn thing unlocked and that is it. Why is it soooo hard to get help with a simple problem.
Who takes a day off? Bill is a work-a-holic that never leaves the office except for lunch and the rare occasion that he is sick.

You can read about the challenges that Corey has had over the last year and change.

I have a full-time job and do tuning on the side for PHP.

The problems you have are Bill-only problems. I will try to get him to take a look at this thread at some point today.
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 09:12 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
No didnt know they had one.

@88Racing that would suck at this point but i think at least some responce from them would be nice. I have never had this much trouble getting ahold of them and im an avid supporter, i plug there products anytime i can.
...in your case.....

It's definitely all Bill. Sorry.

Again, a link will be given in chat today.
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
The files have been done since 10/18/11 and they have been compiled for your programmer (Bill has to handle that part) since the 21st of that month.

I am not sure what the issue was. Was it that your programmer needed "updating" before he could put the files on Fusion? If that's the case, all I need to do is remind Bill to upload them. You should probably "update" again beforehand so we don't run into this issue again.

Be aware that if you EVER connect to Fusion again after downloading your custom files, you WILL lose the custom files and we'll be right back where we are now.
This customer downloaded the tunes on 10/26.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah man I am having the same problem. I have been trying since mid November. They almost NEVER answer their phones. And if they do the person you need is taking the day off. Ive emailed Bill 3 or 4 times and hes never responded. I emailed Cody I believe seeking help and he redirected me to Bill. Ive tried the live chat thing. Some people have jobs for a living and its hard to contact a company when they only open for 6 hours a day. I'm getting to the point were I am going to take my business elsewhere, not because the product (I love the Gryphon) but because their support is non existent. All I need done is have the damn thing unlocked and that is it. Why is it soooo hard to get help with a simple problem.
We only answer our phones 6 hours a day to leave time for answering e-mails, processing orders, custom programming, taking care of customers' issues, etc.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Have you filled out an order form to unlock your programmer?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
HELP!

In early summer of 2011 I purchased an Edge Tuner for my 2007 Ford FX4. I was not informed that their product would not perform on my truck with the modifications made to my vehicle (cold air box & magna flow exhaust.) The program in the Edge programmer would put my truck in the limp home mode. I immediately contacted PHP and told them of the problem I had encountered & sent the programmer to them to be recalibrated. When I got the tuner back I was still experiencing the same problems as before. Since November of 2011 I have spoken with PHP on the phone several times giving additional information and as of yet (1/24/12) still no results. I have given my cell phone number and e-mail address on various occasions and still no response. I have over $500.00 invested in a useless programmer that is no more than a monitor.

We have been unable to contact PHP by phone on various occasions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sid Davis
Greenback, TN
I have no idea who you are. Under what name did you place an order with us?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
I have been trying to contact Bill, Corey, anyone who can actually help with my Programmer i bought here.

I originally had my 06 F150 and bought the programmer. Had custom tunes for it.

Then bought an 06 F350 6.0 and Bill flashed it over to Diesel and did a FICM flash on the truck.

Now i have a 08 F350 and want to flash the programmer over for it. Just a simple all stock DPF still installed program so i can monitor temps, and run a little better tune till fall when i can get the DPF delete done.

I also would would need the pod for it and i have saddle interior.

I have Emailed everyone several times since 1/2/2012
I PMed Bill and Corey
I also FB Messaged Bill
Lastly i tried Instant Message on FB to Bill.

I know there busy buts like i said this has been going on for more then 2 weeks.

If there is no support for this then ok just let me know, but i have read other posts since 1/2/2012 stating there is still support for this product.

I would like to get confirmation before i mail the programmer back in and also want to make sure its just 100 bucks. Also would you like the ECM codes off my programer for the new truck? As it does connect and read temps and give me some info, i just cant load tunes sicne its the wrong Firmware.

Please help

Thanks

Long time member

Mike Mandley
Mike, we can no longer program for DPF deletes.

This is the latest e-mail I have from you:

I'm writing to let you know that my family and i are stuck in London, UK has been a mess We got mugged last night at gun point and lost all cash,credit card and cell phone. It has been a scary experience,Thank God we still got our life and passport saved here with us.
Our return fight leaves in some hours from now but we are having problems settling our hotel bills, i need you to loan me some money, I'll refund it back to you as soon as we arrive back home Kindly let me know if you can be of help so that i can tell you how to wire the money to me via western union.

Awaiting your positive response,
Mike

I apologize for not responding to the one e-mail you sent on 1/3 asking about reprogramming your Gryphon. As I recall, that was one of two straight weeks that I was out of the office due to medical reasons. I try very hard to keep up with e-mails even when I'm out of the office, but apparently, I missed that one.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Whopper

fordtuff247 is on a distinguished road

I got my issue resolved this morning on Live Chat w/ Bill.
Thanks Bill.