Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough
Default Keep current or former tires on my new truck?

So i just upgraded my 2001 F-150 to a 2005 F-150 (pictures are in my album!), and they have the same tire sizes, the tread seems to me with a finger test that they are pretty close, but i know that the old tires have about 10,000 miles on them. the former ones are Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70R17 and the new ones are Fuzion XTi 265/70R17. I have the option of taking the truck in a putting on the tires i bought 10000 miles ago, or just keeping the ones i have. because it is a dealer they wont let me do it myself, and gave me a rough guestimate of $75 to do it. What do you guys think? worth it to change to the old ones or just keep the current ones?
oh and the new truck's inspection said that my current ones have 9/32's of tread left.
And on another note I kept my gryphon and everything, I asked about it on a different thread, and I was told i could keep the gryphon and just get a new cable and dash pod(if i wanted). I was just thinking about it though, i have the gryphon for a 2001, and my new truck is a 2005, so will this still work? even with the 3V motor vs the 2V? again thanks for the help