Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, December 20th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Keep Austin Weird

DBlackman is on a distinguished road
Help Newbie in need of HELP - Running lean

I have a Ford F-150 2000 Harley Davidson (non-supercharge) with 153k mileage. Online research and recommendations by various sources had influenced the purchase of an A.E.M. CAI (oil-free) and Flowmaster 50 Series SUV model to improve fuel economy, performance, and satisfy my long desire for that 'Mustang/Camero' exhaust sound... Smile. Since then, I have been battling with extreme rough idle (mostly at cold start) and engine shutdowns at traffic lights. My local shop informed me that the DTCs were pointing to both front O2 Sensors that were causing the engine to run lean. By recomnmendation, I had purchased the Edge Insight CS in an attempt to 'tune' the truck and resolve the issue.... NO GO. After calling and speaking with Edge support, the Edge Insight CS was nothing more than a gauge compared to what I was hoping for and that Edge technology were not designed to custom tune the Air Intake or MAF! Needless to say, the unit was taken back for a refund. I call PHP and scheduled a call back to see if there was anything that can be done to resolve my trucks issue through tuning. I eagerly await their call.