Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
got an auto one...wife automatically rolls/unrolls it
Oh that's harsh. Reminds me of the time -- many years ago when I was still young and cute -- when Billy and I were out shopping. The girl at the register asked him, "Do you need a bag?" and he didn't miss a beat. He tipped his head in my direction and replied, "No thanks. I already have one." :omg:

Quit laughing.

He still gets crap from me about that one.

(Though it WAS kind of funny. I just don't think that quickly on my feet!)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

Ok i'm sat here watching mamma mia on dvd and drinking wine,wife is snuggled up to me...............does life get any better???

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

It's great -- until Pierce Brosnan sings! What was THAT all about? And who knew Colin Firth COULD sing? They should have replaced Pierce with Gerard Butler.

And my honey is 2,000 miles away, so I'm snuggling up with two of our cats tonight -- Flower, who sleeps on my head or feet each night, and Dioji (D-O-G), who snuggles against my right side or between my knees (makes rolling over a little hairy, but he's warm!) Where the other two cats are at night, I have no idea.

Joe, have you guys seen P.S. I Love You? Now THERE'S a good Couple's Movie Night flick -- or maybe Love, Actually.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Oh that's harsh. Reminds me of the time -- many years ago when I was still young and cute -- when Billy and I were out shopping. The girl at the register asked him, "Do you need a bag?" and he didn't miss a beat. He tipped his head in my direction and replied, "No thanks. I already have one." :omg:

Quit laughing.

He still gets crap from me about that one.

(Though it WAS kind of funny. I just don't think that quickly on my feet!)
i've used that one too...i know...i know...slap...slap.
Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Mini Me

BluByu1986 is on a distinguished road
Default Just Chillaxin'

Watching some TV and surfin' the net. Wife's out playing hockey. Kinda s***ty out, snowing pretty good. -12 out, but feels like -20 with windchill.

Supposed to be sunny out tomorrow, might have to wash the truck.

Last edited by BluByu1986; Sat, January 10th, 2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old Wed, January 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Anybody play Rock Band for the Wii yet? It's like karoke X 10! :drummer: My sons were amazed that I actually new the words to songs like "White Wedding" and "Living on a Prayer!" Damn, I feel old.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anybody play Rock Band for the Wii yet? It's like karoke X 10! :drummer: My sons were amazed that I actually new the words to songs like "White Wedding" and "Living on a Prayer!" Damn, I feel old.
You crack me up.

I find it amusing that my 9 year old son sits there when we are driving around and knows the words to some classics from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

What makes me laugh is when one of the boys hears a song and starts singing it. I'll ask, "How do you know that song?" and they'll reply, "It's on Guitar Hero."

For those of you who might have become members after I made this announcement:

Bill is actually a DJ in his other life (when time permits). We also host an internet radio stream -- and we take requests (they're handled by the computer). You can sit at work and listen to music every day that comes straight from one of our computers (yes, we have one entire computer dedicated to music, so you can only imagine the number of songs we have!) if you'd like! There is a link in a yellow box near the bottom of the PHP website's homepage. Just click, and you'll be streaming in no time! If you hear "Chevy Van" by Sammy Johns, you'll know that I've requested it!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Xbox...not Wii yet.

My friends and I make it a point to play that game for about 10 hours straight about once a month or so. Granted, the game loses it's competitive meaning when the songs are unlocked and you can't tour, but to go through the songs is a blast. I will say that there are some good songs on Rock Band, but most are complete garbage. For some reason, one of my friends has a thing with R.E.M.'s Orange Crush

Personal favorite for the game is being the drummer. Playing songs like Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden on "expert" is a hoot....and very tiring. I play a real guitar in normal life, but for the life of me, I can't do anything but "fail" with the Rock Band guitar. Oh well, such is life.
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

One thing I noticed with Rock Band is that the audio and video timing make a big difference. Even a couple millisecond offset can have a dramatic effect on your rating. It took me about 45 minutes to finally get a setting that I was comfortable with and have been happy so far.

As much as I love to play drums, sadly I am not very good. Being ADD, I have a very hard time managing independence on each of my limbs. Everything tends to try to "synchronize" and that's not good for drumming. I end up sticking to guitar or bass because that's more comfortable for me and I can do pretty well.

As for odd songs to get stuck in your head... The Donnas - New Kid in School. I couldn't shake that one for quite a while.

It is really annoying that the Rock Band games aren't compatible online. All my friend have XBox Live and I have the only Wii. I will tell you though, it's fun to play with complete strangers and be amazed at how well you can do.

Anyway... just some random babble. Have a great day!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Closed Thread