Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Whopper

apdanos is on a distinguished road
Default Updating a new Gryphon

My new gryphon is sitting at home. Can't wait to get to it. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Only question I have right now is, do I have to connect it to the software to see if updates are available before I put it in my truck?
Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdanos View Post
My new gryphon is sitting at home. Can't wait to get to it. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Only question I have right now is, do I have to connect it to the software to see if updates are available before I put it in my truck?
What kind of "Gryphon is it? If it's the "monochrome" style Gryphon, it should be completely up to date and I'd just plug it into your truck (after you turn the ignition key to ON).

If it's a CS/CTS unit, I WOULD install Fusion on your PC, and then establish a "fusion" account - the instructions are in the manual. And, once you've done that, with Fusion running, plug the programmer into the PC and it will update all the firmware. Then, take it out and plug it into your truck. The key does not have to be ON with this device.

Whichever, have fun! I highly recommend programming your truck to the Level 2 "tow" tune at first. It is really a very good all-around tune and a good one to use while you're waiting on custom tunes.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 09:26 PM
Common Zookeeper

evoar is on a distinguished road

I just got mine this week. (not CS or CTS) I wanted to change the splash screen, so I hooked it up to Pegasus. It updated something the first time it was hooked up. I'm not sure if it was anything important, but it did update.
Old Wed, November 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Whopper

Default Just my experience

Ok. So I got home last night and opened the package; not the CS/CTS. I installed the software with the included disk. I then plugged in the tuner with the supplied USB cable to the computer. The tuner screen was red so I guess there was an update or something because after a few steps it turned green and said that it can now be disconnected from the computer. I then installed it in my truck and connected it to the port and didn't have power. So I did just as the manual, which I printed off the website, said and checked the fuse that powers the cigarette lighter. It was burnt so I replaced it with one that I thought was a spare. I then have power to the unit and proceed through the steps to program my truck to the 87 Tow program. I then had to take the truck for a spin to check it out. To my surprise I didn't have any turn signals and my brake lights wouldn't illuminate. So I get back to my home and go throught the manual to find the fuse for the brake lights and turn signals. Well to my surprise the fuse that I thought was a spare was actually the one for the brake lights and turn signals . Lessoned learned. Be extremely cautious when pulling and replacing fuses. I pulled a spare fuse from my other vehicle and everything is good to go now. So far I am pleased with the canned tune and can't wait for my custom tune.
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ok. So I got home last night and opened the package; not the CS/CTS. I installed the software with the included disk. I then plugged in the tuner with the supplied USB cable to the computer. The tuner screen was red so I guess there was an update or something because after a few steps it turned green and said that it can now be disconnected from the computer. I then installed it in my truck and connected it to the port and didn't have power. So I did just as the manual, which I printed off the website, said and checked the fuse that powers the cigarette lighter. It was burnt so I replaced it with one that I thought was a spare. I then have power to the unit and proceed through the steps to program my truck to the 87 Tow program. I then had to take the truck for a spin to check it out. To my surprise I didn't have any turn signals and my brake lights wouldn't illuminate. So I get back to my home and go throught the manual to find the fuse for the brake lights and turn signals. Well to my surprise the fuse that I thought was a spare was actually the one for the brake lights and turn signals . Lessoned learned. Be extremely cautious when pulling and replacing fuses. I pulled a spare fuse from my other vehicle and everything is good to go now. So far I am pleased with the canned tune and can't wait for my custom tune.
I'm surprised you even got it into gear?(shifter interlock)
but its good to here that you got it going!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Whopper Junior

Fido083 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Now your other car doesn't have signals or brake lights!
Old Fri, November 12th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido083 View Post
Now your other car doesn't have signals or brake lights!
No. That one was an actual spare.